1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gm1216, Jan 3, 2005.

1. gm1216

gm1216 Member

Howdy,

I have run into a problem using Shrink & Decrypter tring to back up my star wars dvd's. They are part of a 4 disc set I got, so I am not sure if there is new technology as far as the copyright protection. I have plenty of computer and no probs with the media I have been using.

I used decrypter to load it into my system, using file mode. I then opened shrink and attempted to open it to re-author it, but could only find the Video_TS folder. It would not show any files under that folder. I can go directly into my hard drive and find the folder, and when I open it and the Video_TS file folder, I find the VOB files no prob. Shrink won't let me find them. I have not tried to burn using ISO mode yet, so maybe that will be the way to go..

I tried it the 1st episode & also with the Empire Strikes Back. Both do the same thing, and when I try any other dvd it works like a champ. I have been reading the forums attempting to find an answer but to no avail. Also a question I have yet to answer. Will Shrink remove the CSS like decrypter does?

Thanks for any input on why this might be happening.

2. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I used DVD Shrink to back my copyes of Star Wars. I did have a bit of a problem with A New hope.but the other Dvd were a piceof cake.I used DVD to burn the iso.
    And by the way Shrink dose remove the CSS decription.

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

i used shrink by itself to do mine

4. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I used DVD X Copy to do mine. Worked fine.