1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Sword67, May 16, 2007.

1. Sword67

Sword67 Member

Hey, I want to play Starcraft with my friend but when we try to create games it says the latency is too high. We got another friend to host a game for all three of us to play in, but me and the original friend can't see each others chat messages once in the game and the pre-game set up area. We can talk in the lobby and everything though. Would anyone here have some help to offer?

Thanks.

2. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

You could use Hamachi to set up a virtual LAN.

Download Hamachi, install and join the same network, and then go into Starcraft. Instead of internet for the multiplayer connection choose UDP/LAN. Then one of you host and the other one join the game. Make sure you have Hamachi running before you start up Starcraft.

I've had the same problem you're describing, but usually I just close and reopen Starcraft and the problem goes away for me, (or I reboot.) Using Hamachi worked once too.

--Moomo2

3. Sword67

Sword67 Member

Sweet, thanks! I'll be sure to try it out - but I have a quick question. What if you already have a LAN connection, how will StarCraft know which one to choose?

4. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

It just uses the Hamachi one automatically.