1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starforce and emulation (virtual drives) - any news?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by tigre, Dec 25, 2003.

1. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Hi.

~1/2 year back, with help from here (mainly by Shoey IIRC), I was able to create a security copy from a starforce protected CD. It works using Alcohol120% emulation.

Running the program from virtual CD drives (Alcohol or Blindread image mounted with virtual drive software like Daemon Tools, Alcohol, CloneCD etc.) didn't work back then, because AFAIK starforce uses its own drivers to access IDE Drives and refuses to work with virtual drives as long as there's an IDE CD/DVD drive in the system. (Uninstalling them is not an option.)

I've done some searches recently, but haven't found anything, so I ask you: Does anyone know if any of the virtual CD drive programs out there is capable of fooling starforce?

Cheers tigre

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

To the best of my knowledge, no but this doesn't mean you can't in the near future as Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% are continually updating just like cd protections are updated.

Shoey :)

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

The way I understand the info from the link, it's possible to get working copys *on CD-ROM* from Starforce proctected CDs. This is what I've already done and it works. But what I want to do is mount an Alcohol/Blindwrite image with e.g. Daemon Tools as virtual CD and run the software from the virtual drive. About this there's nothing new except that Daemon tools is expected to do it sooner or later ... :,(

Thanks anyway for your input.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Have you tried BlindWrite 5(read sub-q data\audio), use topology measurement (bwa file) then mount the image with the latest Daemon Tools and see if StarForce will launch form a virtual stealth drive or your dvd\cd-rom? Use BlindWrite Tweaker (3rd party software) and disable autoplay.

Shoey :)

6. Praetor

If im not mistaken Daemon doesnt recognize BW5 files.... i dunno if one can open them manually or not tho.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2004
  8. Praetor

Dammit! I'm still playin around with 3.41! *Praetor runs off*