1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starsky & hutch/// anybody had a succesful burn for this game?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i was wondering if any v7, swapmagic+fliptop users backed up this game sucessfully. if so, what did you use to burn it, and what did you use to boot the game?

2. account

account Guest

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i made a backup of this game with record now which loads on my v7 ps2 with or without cd loader the only problem with the backup is that i re-checks if the game is genuine or not after each mission and presents you with the red screen of death without cd loader and freezes at the end of missions with cd loader beta3 and beta4.swap magicfix lists the cure as cogswaploader but i have never tried out this fix or tried using cd loader beta 5.1 as i completed the game on the orignal will test it out later and let you know the results

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok tried cd loader versions beta3,beta4,beta5,beta5.1 and all the sub menu features also tried cogswaploader and cdloader v1.2 none of them work all either return you to the memory card screen,the red screen of death or just freeze after each mission on my v7 ps2 so i guess this is one game backup that just wont work with v7's with swap magic maybe the next version of cd loader may solve it or swap magic 3 dvd version(if it ever gets released)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

damn that sucks. i still havent figured out how to burn the cogswaploader

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i burnt cogswaploader with cdr win 5 using the same settings as cd loader and it loads up fine(cogswaploader)but the game still freezes after each save at the end of each mission

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

damn that must explain it all, i have cdr-win version 3.9, i guess its update time. devilhunt i wrote a message to jaymastertee and he saids that all reports say that the game does work with cogswaploader, dont know yet, since i havent even burned the cogswaploader but i will now that you told me you need v5 of cdrwin. peace and thanks for the heads up

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

just checked with goldenhawk.com, and there is no such thing as cdrwin 5, highest it goes is 3.9, and theres only a new update on it for download

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

just checked who made my cdrwin5 aparently it was made under licence from padus the company who make discjuggler

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

can you give me a link on where i can download this paudus cdrwin? i will gladly appreciate it

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

will have a look around and see if i can find a download for it,i actualy bought it at my local computer fair here in the uk

12. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thanks for the good looking. im still trying to burn the cogswaploader. with no succes, 5 coasters already. this sucks

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you have nero 6 try these settings these are actualy for cd loader but should work

start Nero from the new complation window that opens select cd from the dropdown menu,then select cd rom(iso)next select the multi session tab and select no multisession,next select the iso tab on this tab from the dropdown menus select file name iso level 2,format mode2 xa and charecter iso 9660 leave joliet ticked and untick all others then select the burn tab tick write and finalise cd select burn speed at 4x and write method as disc at once then click the new tab then from the center file browser(3rd section) browse to were you saved the cd loader image and click on the folder the file should then appear on the right hand side click on the image file and drag it to the left(2nd section) and drop it under were it says name click on the burn icon(9th one along)check that write and finalise cd are still ticked and that burn spees is still set at 4x and disc at once still selected then click burn

14. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive tried nero express with no succes, im downloading nero 6 now as i type, will keep you updated with the results, also tried isobuster1.5, same crap. red screen pops up