1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

start an windows os forums

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by kateman, Feb 14, 2007.

1. kateman

kateman Regular member

yeah cus now that vista has opened up, heaps of people have flooded the message board with them and then it would free up more room for other important questions not about os. it seems to be the only thing that i can see these days in the general and software forums.

yeah thats another point, nobody seems to be able to understand whether it should go under the general or software forums. its really neither thats why i think microsoft os systems should have their own forums.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the microsoft OS has 5 forums all to itself, it doesn't really need *another* division.

it doesn't seem that hard to me to differeniate what goes where. BSOD? go to windows general. your favorite program, which doesn't already go in another specific forum, doesn't work? windows software. you're locked out of your account? windows general? it goes on and on. the descriptions under each forum tend to make it blindingly obvious what goes where.

3. kateman

kateman Regular member

hmm you have a point. but they do have say, a dvd shrink forum just for that one software only because it would flood the forums if it didn't.

but now, after a while, there are less vista problems than before so i guess your right :)

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

some software might have issues due to far more than a windows problem, like DVD Shrink. it could be cheapie media, bad hardward, a problem located between the keyboard and chair...the list goes on, so it makes sense for these softwares to have their own forums.

but for windows...the issue is typically either a virus, bad coding, or shear human stupidity, all of which is already covered. ^.^

5. kateman

kateman Regular member

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I want to know why the hell this has been posted in what is clearly labelled as the section for feedback and suggestions about the BANDS SERVICE! I would have thought a senior member would have looked before posting.. this surely belongs here http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/13

I know I'm not a moderator..so don't start flaming me.. but senior members should know better.. It's really starting to p*** me off people posting anything anywhere seemingly without looking or thinking.

And we do not need any more windows areas.. vista is a load of crap. In 12 months it will probably have gone the same way as xp64 bit edition.. the black hole of failure. Anybody who installs it without reading anything about the problems it has deserves all they get.

Anyway, before I get any more involved.. this one is reported to be moved to an appropriate place...

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

8. kateman

kateman Regular member

omg, haha i mustn't have misread the title :p