1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start key not working on PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jaylex, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jaylex

jaylex Guest

When I try to press start on a game the start key doesnt work, when i press the home key it wont move the cusor from no and I cant move it with the dpad....

Any ideas

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Well ... did u upgrade then get the button problem?

3. jaylex

jaylex Guest

I bought it secondhand, It was upgraded to 3.71 M33-3 when it was bought.....

4. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

5. jaylex

jaylex Guest

I have tried the keycleaner but it didnt work, any other ideas....
    Please help

6. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

does it have a custom faceplate and buttons iv got loads of custom buttons that dont fit

7. jaylex

jaylex Guest

The PSP was brand new at christmas, nothing has been altered apart from the software upgrade.

8. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

is it just the buttons at the bottom of the psp

9. jaylex

jaylex Guest

It is only the start button not working when you are playing a game and also when pressing the home key the cursor wont move from the left, when using the dpad. When you try to alter the nickname it keps going back to the main menu. When you initially turn it on the dpad works fine

10. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

try loosening the faceplate srews there is one under a warranty sticker dont take the sticker of if you dont want to void your warranty but it would be gd 2 try the buttons with the faceplate off to see if its the buttons or the faceplate casing the problem or even something else

11. jaylex

jaylex Guest

I have tried this, but to no avail, the fault only occurs when im playing a game at other times the dpad works fine.

12. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

try updating your fw that might fix the problem also if you have taken the faceplate of you can get to the ribbons that connect the dpad to the motherboard. all you need to do is open it up take the screen off and then the metal screen holder and you should see the ribbon that connects the dpad to the mother board. i would suggest taking the ribbon out by lifting the black flap and then cleaning the connectors with a cloth and then putting it back in making sure that it is plugged all the way in.

but if you havn't voided your warranty then try updating the fw first

13. jaylex

jaylex Guest

I have purchased a new bottom row set of buttons and its working fine, thanks for your help................

14. rouge

rouge Newbie

Yeah I've got the same problem like you last night T.T