1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start utorrent kills internet connection why?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by yosal, Jan 28, 2007.

1. yosal

yosal Guest

Hello everyone
    please help,my internet connection kills when I start utorrent, I have windows xp pro sp2
    tahnks

2. roachie

roachie Member

Hi do you mean you cant browse the internet or use MSN?.Cause i have the same problem so any help to this would be greatfully recived.I have installed and reinstalled it many time to try and get the problem to work but no joy.

Roachie

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well let's what we can do about this, do you have downloads running after you start utorrent? are you seeding files? if your answer is yes to eather of theese questions, you need to adjust the downloading and uploading speed so you can surf the net,

4. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

IF I recall correctly, WinXP SP2 came with a security update or whatnot that limited the number of connections made at once. The BT protocol by itself design tends to suck up those aviable connections thus you cant do anything else (connect to the Internet,MSN/YahoO etc) or if you can, its really sloowwww.

There was a patched version of that update aviable for awhile. Dont remember what is was called off the top of head but a Google search might help.