1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starting 3.03 oe-b

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AlanNguye, Jan 18, 2007.

1. AlanNguye

AlanNguye Regular member

hey guys! i wanna go through and update to 3.03 oe-b to get to play psx games, but i dont know where to start. Do i have to update to 3.02 oe-a first and then go update to 3.03 oe-b? I have a 1.50 psp non mobo.

Links would be nice. And i think this is why they need a custom firmware guide thread arghhh!

thanks guys!

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

You need to update to 3.03 OE-A before going to 3.03 OE-B :)

3. m4nv33r

m4nv33r Member

go to www.psp-hacks.com for the files and tutorials

4. AlanNguye

AlanNguye Regular member

right 3.03 oe-a first! thanks for that!

is there a "recovery mode" for going back to 1.50? cause i heard there where some that didn't have a recover mode.

Also do i use the easy installer, supposedly it bricks your psp, so im guessing i have to do it manually?

5. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Here's a little collection of PSP downgrades / upgrades I put together :
    http://rapidshare.com/files/11193145/2.71_Downgrader.rar

Ive used these exact files on 9 PSPs and had 9 successful with no probs, but Ive been going to 3.02OE-A first then to 3.03OE-A then to 3.03OE-B.

Download the files and extract. Get the 3.02.rar file and extract the 302_BASIC_Installer_150.exe. Use that to update to 3.02 OE-A.

Once thats done delete the contents of PSP/GAME folder. Then create a folder called GAME150 in the PSP folder and put the contents of the 3.03 Auto Installer in the GAME150 folder. Run that update.

Once thats done delete the contents of the GAME150 folder and put the 2 folders from 3.03OE-B.rar into the GAME150 folder. Run that update and you're done.

REMEMBER that your PSP battery has to be at 75% with your charger plugged in before you run the updates ! :)

6. AlanNguye

AlanNguye Regular member

this is great BurnCK!
    i'll give this a shot and tell you how it goes.

still... about the recovery is it included as well.
    lol i know im a little paranoid.

thanks a bunch!