1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Action Replay With Modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by FLSGod, Feb 24, 2005.

1. FLSGod

FLSGod Guest

I have a modded PS2, direct boot one. And I am trying to play backup PS2 games on the modded PS2 WITH cheat codes. However, Action Replay MAX is not recognizing the backup DVD I am using when I try to start the game...

The weird thing is: some backup DVDs DO work while some don't. I have a backup DVD that works, but after using DVD Decrypter to make a copy of the backup, the newly copied one would not work....how is this possible? 2 exact same copy, one works, one doesn't work

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I know with mine you need to use DVD Loader with Swap Magic and AR Max. But i have an older V7 with no mod chip. But mine always load with codes. Do a search, i have posted instructions numerious times on how to do this.

3. FLSGod

FLSGod Guest

But how come some backup games I am able to load directly and some games I am not able to load directly? Do you think it's due to the burnt speed of the backups?

The thing is I have a modded-PS2 and I can play all backups no problem...the problem just lies when I try to start the game with Action Replay MAX after entering the codes...though I inserted the DVD, it still says "Ensure your game disc is inserted, then press OK to continue" ...I inserted the backups and it doesn't start...

Also, I can't seem to find the post that you're talking about. Can you please help me? I really want to cheat in some of the games but I can't get it to work! Thanks a lot!

4. FLSGod

FLSGod Guest

I figured out it has to do with sometihng about the bootcode from the backup....my PS2 cannot recognize my backup's backup's boot code so it doesn't work...it has to do with something during burning of the DVD...
    it seems like it is not making the EXACT same copy...some boot codes are missing during the burning process.

please help

5. steimy

steimy Active member

i don't know anything about this boot code thing. here are the steps i use to load games with codes on my V7 PS2 with my AR Max.
    Put in AR Max and use expert mode
    select the game then choose to load with codes
    when it asks for a disk press eject put in swap magic
    when it asks for a disk use fliptop or slide card to put in DVD Loader
    when it asks for a disc press eject and put swap magic back in
    when it asks for a disc use slide card or fliptop to put in your backup

if for any reason the AR Max does not recognize the swap magic just hit X a few times and see if it does.
    Also if after you use DVD Loader and load in swap magic for the second time it says it is not a valid PS2 disc then press eject again, then hit it a second time so the tray goes back in for another try. These two things have happened on a rare occasion and it recognized the disc the second time around

also notice where you swap and where you press eject because that is important.
    give it a try and let me know how it works.