1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Over

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Engtech, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Engtech

Engtech Member

I am thinking about starting all over with my X Box. I want to reflash my BIOS and re-install a new dashboard. But I dont want to lose my games I have already saved to my harddrive. I have a 250gb harddrive so I need the right BIOS to support this right now all I can use is 120gb of the harddrive. I am using avalaunch as a dashboard, I dont know if this the best dashboard available. If someone can point me in the right direction as far as what is the best BIOS and dashboard and how to install them, I would really appreciate it.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

As far as dashboards, most dashboards have the option to enable the G-drive, but if you bios is that old, then I would definitly reflash it, now they way to do this and which one to choose depends on which chip you have. What I would do first is get the lastest Evox and install it as an APP not the dashboard, then once you get a new bios and configure it, upload it to a bios folder and reflash your chip through Evox. If all goes successful, your box should be good to go and you should be able to enable the G partition.

Also, if you are interested in changing your dashboard, I would look into UnleashX, it is the best, in my opinion, by far. It has tons of ways to configure it and is easy to do so

3. Engtech

Engtech Member

I am sorry I didnt mention what type of chip I have, I have an Xenium Ice Chip. This is one of the lastest chips correct???

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

yeah, its one of the newer chips out there. I havent messed with any of those so I dont know which bios to use, I would go to www.xbox-scene.com and go the the forum section, they have a whole section dedicated to the xemium chips, they probably have the answers for you there. If they use the excuter or evox bioses, it should be easy to reflash

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Simple, as far as reflashing the Xenium you can add up to 1mb in bios on the chip. I'm not sure if you have a 1.6 because you can only flash with the EvoxM8_16 or if you have a HDD larger then 137Gb the EvoxM8_16 LBA48. I'm using the X2 4983.06(F partition) and the EvoxM8 which I edited with Evtool and changed the flubber screen logo colors..etc.etc Basically, keep your original bios on there and reflash with a 256k bios(256k bios.bin) so you won't loose any of your games and launch the second hacked bios. The Xenium is very easy to flash and hopefully you know how to ftp so you can flash via the Xenium web server, via HDD, or Dvd-Rom drive. Just to clarify what I meant by F partition..If you use the X2 4983.06 you will have 6 partitions(C,E,F,X,Y,Z)...the X2 4983.67 has 7 partitions and a G drive(C,E,F,G,X,Y,Z) both bios support HDD up to 250GB in size. In a nutshell, the .06 puts all extended space in F drive and the .67 puts all extended space up to 137GB in F and G takes the remaining space...cheers