1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARTING OVER!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by punchie13, Jan 21, 2007.

1. punchie13

punchie13 Guest

i built a pc 4 mnths ago, and then i had no clue what i was doing. i am no expert now, but i do have a clue by now. i would like to build another but i spent alot on this one. so im curious as to how much i could recoop from selling this one. it contains the following:

ASUS p5w dh deluxe w/ wifi and remote-mobo
    INTEL e6400 core2dou-cpu
    SEAGATE barracuda 500g 7200rpm-hd
    CORSAIR ddr2 twin2x 512x2-ram
    BFG 7900gt oc2-gpu (didnt realize the mobo was set for crossfire-still works like champ though)
    BFG 800w-psu
    SONY 52x32x52x16 dvd rom
    HP internal lightscribe w/ nero
    APEVIA (aspire) x superalien server case- this thing is huge comes w/ 6-80mm fans w/ fan control and led readout- have never had a cooling prob!
    i also replaced the crappy cpu fan w/ a thermaltake 120mm!!

as i said-i would like to try again. mainly becuz of the SLI issue. can any1 help w/ an estimate of what i could get??

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well thats still a fairly current system. What I would do is add up the cost of the system components and then add $300,$500,$800 to the final price.

BUT if this. . .
    is the only issue I would just search for a new motherboard that supports your cpu and sli. That would be a easier option.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

**If you don't have the time I will find some good replacement motherboards and post the links here. (All links I give will be from newegg.com)

4. UrDady

UrDady Guest

i dont know why do you think its not a good pc the only thing i see u need to do is change the mobo and get another video cards like the 8800 gts or gtx but if ur looking for a core 2 extrem or quad core thats somthing else
    peace

5. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

got to agreee with y'all. sell that mobo and get a nf680i.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I never said that. Look at his/her PC specs....
    ASUS p5w dh deluxe w/ wifi and remote-mobo
    INTEL e6400 core2dou-cpu
    SEAGATE barracuda 500g 7200rpm-hd
    CORSAIR ddr2 twin2x 512x2-ram
    BFG 7900gt oc2-gpu (didnt realize the mobo was set for crossfire-still works like champ though)
    BFG 800w-psu
    SONY 52x32x52x16 dvd rom
    HP internal lightscribe w/ Nero
    APEVIA (aspire) x superalien server case- this thing is huge comes w/ 6-80mm fans w/ fan control and led readout- have never had a cooling prob!
    i also replaced the crappy cpu fan w/ a thermaltake 120mm!!

To begin look at everything that is/would be considered a good pc part. His hard-drive has huge storage,decent,speeds,seagate has 5yr warranty, and its most likely SATA. His memory is by Corsair a very good name in memory and it appears the mem.sticks being used are "high performance" variants. His CPU is of the new Core 2 Duo architure and as such runs fast at low temps/voltages. A vid.card from a reputable company, and although the videocard may not be directx 10 capable it is still a very potent card for todays standards. And to round it off dual dvd drives and a huge PSU to top it all off.

Now look at what he/she says is the main decision to build a new pc
    That could all be remedied by a new mobo, that supports his hardware and is SLI capable. In final its a great computer but to get SLI his/her cheapest/easiest option would just be to get a new motherboard.

7. UrDady

UrDady Guest

read my post again I WASNT TALKING TO YOU I WAS TALKING TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER NOT YOU THATS MEAN I WAS TALKING TO (PUNCHIE13) NOT (PEAINAPOD)OKAY ...

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@UrDady

I didn't realize that from your post. You should try doing what I do, put a "@" (at) symbol and then the persons name so everyone in the thread knows who your comment(s) are directed towards.

And don't post in all caps. If you want to emphasize something use the bold feature of A.D. Simlpy put a before the text and a [/b} at the end but replacing the } with a ] (i had to do it with a } so my text wouldnt be bold. And this is a public forum so you can talk to other members as you please but typing in all caps and flaming other members will get you booted from this site in no time flat. Afterdawns members wont stand for it, so abide by the rules or get kicked out.

9. UrDady

UrDady Guest

calm down hony i never saw you in this post using (@) and why are you changing the subject and i didnt do any thing against the forum rulez any way and BY THE WAY
    anyone even an animal sorry no offend can tell that i am talking about the original poster go read his orginal post and you could tell the same if you can understand what he says ok hony?
    bye and dont get yourself hurt okay
    peace