1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting PS2 with backup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PattyBoy, Mar 16, 2003.

1. PattyBoy

PattyBoy Member

I made a complete perfect backup of my CD Rom ps2 game ESPN Track and Field and everythings identical to the source CD. Is there a way I can play it without a MOD chip?

2. satan!

satan! Member

This question has been asked many times, use the search function for the love of god...

Anyway i will answer the question for you; No!

You could get an External Chip along with some swap discs that allow you to play backed up games.
    This is NOT recomended, they are crap, a hassle, and blow up your PS2.

If i were you i would get an internal modchip such as the Messiah 2. This alows you to play backups as though they were originals, nothing complicated, just put it in and play.

If your comfortable with a slodering iron you could do it yourslef for around £35 or get someone else to do it for £100.

In brief you cannot play a copied game without a ModChip of some kind. [Unless you get the swap discs and a fliptop cover..]

Are you in the UK or US or anywhere else?

Hope this helps...
    satan!

3. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

errr.. Yeah it can be done by using the knife trick with Gameshark or Action Replay. My friend has been doing this for a long time now and hasn't had any problems what so ever with it yet :)