1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting with just a GameShark v3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vxooxv, Aug 14, 2004.

1. vxooxv

vxooxv Member

I've spent quite some time browsing these forums and it seems like a million and a half ways to play these various backups. However I only found one place that addresses this using GameShark v3. Since I'm a newbie, I'm not sure what this CD loader is, and if now I need to go buy this swap magic cd/dvd as well.

If I have a ps2 v5 and gameshark 3, what do I do now?

Can I use a burned copy of swap magic cd and/or dvd or must it me an original?

If I need this cd/dvd loader is that something I can download as well.

Someone take pity on me and tell me the least expensive way I can accomplish this. I know how to rip and burn and the media stuff, i just dont' know what exactly I need, where to get it and then how to use it.

Thanks in advance!
    Keep up the great posts!
    Keep up the r

2. vxooxv

vxooxv Member

anyone???

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

not 100% on this but don't think you can use gameshark v3 to boot backups(if some one knows better please correct me).
    now to swap magic if you want to use swap magic you have to use orignal pressed versions as a burnt copy won't self boot, cd loader is avalible for download from http://www.swapmagicfix.com and you burn it to a cdr disc, dvd loader is avalible for download from the site in my sig below and you burn it to a dvdr disc

4. vxooxv

vxooxv Member

So what exactly is dvd/cd loader used for? From what I've been reading you dont' need either to boot the backups if you have GS2v2/SM/ARv2.