1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starv..w

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by steveand, Jul 17, 2007.

1. steveand

steveand Member

ive been reading up on these forums about the starveiw reciever,and also seen a few sites that im able to purchase one,my question is ...if i buy one online unpack it and connect to my aerial and tv will i have all digital channels straight away and thats it,or do i have to programme cards and configure codes etc.am tempted to purchase,anyone reccomend what to buy living in the southampton area,...many thanx..ziggy.

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

you can't connect to an aerial it has to be cable form vir***.and there is abit more work then pluging it in unless you buy it from a site that already flashes it for you.

3. steveand

steveand Member

yea got the vir... connection,so a flashed one is best?

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you don't want much work you will have to find a site that sends them out to you already flashed.but it will be hard to find as it is illegal to do so.

5. steveand

steveand Member

ok,so how do you go about flashing is it difficult?or straight foward and where can i find any info on flashing a starveiw box? thanx again,im learning

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL Ryan I think he has come to the right place :)

7. steveand

steveand Member

also ive read about original starv... boxes,can any one tell me what they are and any difference between them,i must sound real thick to you lot..lol,but i am a newbie thanx again all. ziggy

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Click on the link at the end of my post marked Starview Info then click clones. This will show you the differences between clone and genuine boxes.