1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 auto update problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by whathef, Jul 19, 2007.

1. whathef

whathef Member

Hi, I got a starview 2 box yesterday, I did the flash with 2.57 and pretty sure the download was ok, the progress % was showing on the box, I then did the scan, 176 channels found, then toggles the Emu to on, nagravision on Ntl, then set default key to ok, but when I exit back to the channels it says info is updating from 0%-250% on a dark blue screen and then back to 0% - 250%, i expected some form of update as the box is supposed to auto update itself, but this was going on for 10-15mins? is this a loop can anybody help, tried the factory settings and reset but same thing?...

2. pippincp

pippincp Regular member

3. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

why did u set default key to ok ?
    anyway, its only caught in a loop. knock it off at back for 10 secs
    then turn it back on,go to a pay chanel( eg s*y sports)
    should update to about 260% or so. then unscramble!
    why did u put v257 on it ( I see its sv2 'the box')

click the eko.4 link under my post
    go into 'the box' then firmware and download the new firmware for either the uk or ireland

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  4. whathef

whathef Member

It had a little guidebook included in the box (could be better), just followed the instructions, doesn't mention any versions just said locate gtrom and bin file, quick search and presto, did the necessary, i thought it was all going too well!!! tried the off/on again approach as directed in one of the posts but still the same, I was going through the threads and found eamo's 4.5 on his website, i'll download and try that when I get home and give it another go.
    Heard from a guy in N** that they are trying to implement something to stop all this but even if I get a few months of de pewl its worth it...
    Its called thebox which I'm thinking is the SV2 version??? right??

5. whathef

whathef Member

By the way thanks a lot guys/gals, this forum and your effort is very helpful, would not have had a clue otherwise!!

cheers : )

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

no prob m8
    yes its called 'the box' and v450 is correct for ireland

7. whathef

whathef Member

Working fine now have the signal, the reception is a little dodgy on some stations kind of blocks of screen out of alignment, more worryingly there is no sound, I'll have a look through the threads to see if somthing similar has happened , I think there was one or two, but hey its a step in the right direction...

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Just goto manual scan, downfreq, and the dodgy ones will come in ...
    Just delete the bad ones after u scan

9. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

I bought a very good quality scart lead that was gold tipped and that sorted my all of the blocks and sound out... Make sure you are using the main cable in your hse, to sat your box up...

10. whathef

whathef Member

Sound is gone from all the channels, I think it must be the cables or settings more so than the software, have the main cable in the cable input on the receiver (even though the incl guide says ant in) and the tv in the tv output, scratching my head at the moment, have some scarts around the place I'll give them a go and see..

11. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

You really have to use very good quality scart leads, if you want the best picture/sound. Also make sure the live cable is connected to the back ofthe box where it says "cable in". Let us know how you get on. ;-)

12. whathef

whathef Member

Crisis averted! scart worked a treat, well impressed with this box and looking forward to the 11th August! does the PPV stuff come up auto on the ppv station or do you need to scan again on the day?

Cheers for the help!

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no should be ok leave the rest alone and should work

14. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Glad you got it sorted, i had the same problem in the begining, i'am just a novice myself, but the senior members really know there stuff. Eere all here to help each other.

15. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

great stuff cityfan , your on the ball m8 !

16. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Thank's MAIN ;-)

17. whathef

whathef Member

Does anybody know how many stations I should be getting or does it vary by region? Currently I have 155 TV, that said I think 155 is enough to be getting on with. Only hassle now is deciding on what to watch..

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Depending on the area you are in and the channels carried by the provider N** dublin 176 inc radio so 143 tv and 33 radio ok

C***** only get 62 channels

19. whathef

whathef Member

Cheers! had a hangover so overdosed on tv all day, this thing is cool

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

are you sorted now have you all your channels