1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 the box and video installation

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by LuLu167, Oct 10, 2007.

1. LuLu167

LuLu167 Member

Hi

I'm probably the only person left in the world who still uses a VCR but am having huge problems hooking up VCR to Starview. Have tried loads of different combinations with scart leads from video to box and scart from TV to VCR - have also used RF cable too. Have found video channel but can't install channels on it. After trying to scan in channels on VCR, "no TV signals Found" appears on screen. Any ideas anyone????

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Scart from Starview via the Video output - selct AV channel on video and it should come in

3. LuLu167

LuLu167 Member

Mickah, tried that!!! Nothing is working. Do I just need connection from box to video - or do I not need connection to tv aswell? Driven mad by it now at this stage!

4. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

As Mickah said, connect the scart lead from vcr to starview, make sure you connect it to the video socket on the starview,
    as there is a difference between the two, can't remember the technicalities off hand, but they are different.
    If you try to do it by connecting the RF cable instead, the signal should be around UHF 38. Select a free channel on
    your vcr, and tune that to UHF 38, you won't be able to tune in all the channels individually. The vcr will record
    whatever channel you have selected on the starview.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think the only differance is the TV output on the Starview is RGB and the video output is CVBS. Try the scart from the TV output on the Starview into a scart connection on the video, depending on the amount of scart connections your video has, you may have AV1, AV2 or Av3 to choose from, flick through to see if it comes in on any of those.

6. LuLu167

LuLu167 Member

Thanks a mill for that, will check it out later at home and see what the story is. Basically, in a nut shell, I can only record what I'm watching on Starview...

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

If you wanna record a program on a starview channel, yes, you have to leave it on that and use your terrestrial channels, you switch the channel on the SV and what your recording will switch also.