1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 2 "the box" set up help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mittner, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Mittner

Mittner Member

Hi, Just got the box the other day and am still having problems setting it up. I didnt get a manual so just going by the threads. Im living in ireland and have ntl. The api ver on the box is 4.50e_E, can anyone help please!!!!

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

Whats the problem your having and whereabouts in ireland are you?

3. Mittner

Mittner Member

I selected NTL and tried auto scan but cannot find any channels. Im in Dublin 15

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

Is it connected up properly ie n.l coax cable connected into cable input and the scart from your tv connected into the tv scart on your box

5. Mittner

Mittner Member

Yes everything is connected properly. I have the coax going from the main feed into the house, straight to the tv im using.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

HAve you got all you terrestrial channels? Are you sure your cable is in the correct input in the back?

7. Mittner

Mittner Member

I have all my terrestrial channels but some are not that good quality. I have it connected in the "cable input" in the back of the box

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

put it in to the ANT In socket and give it a bash

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

ok we'll start from scratch then,menu installation select n.l autoscan this should find about 140 channels when its finished scanning go back to the main menu press 1570 on remote (note this does not come up on screen)this brings you into the secret menu,on the bottom of the menu you'll see key emu use the right arrow on the remote to turn it on exit back to the channels go to sky premoer leeave it on for a few moments it will say code updated and the channels should apear hopre this sorts you out

10. Mittner

Mittner Member

There is no ANT IN, just has cable input and cable output. I take it cable output is to connect it to the tv so it can only go in cable input?

11. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Have you had anything connected and working on your present Cable supply before? If yes, are you sure you are scanning for the correct provider in your area?. There is an option in the Installation menu to set one of these first before doing a scan ie N*L,TW,C&W,OM,etc.
    If you have not had anything connected and working on your present cable supply borrow a cable box from a friend/relative and try on your cable line in case you don't have a supply.
    jbvid

12. Mittner

Mittner Member

Hi jbvid,
    Thanks for the post. I have the basic NTL like all RTE, BBC and SKY NEWS. I have a sky box which is connected to a different tv. The only thing I can think of is, the feed into the house is split three ways so could that be a factor?

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Could be, if the cable is anyway damaged, you were saying your normal TV is not the best. so that could be an indicator. Can you check where its split to make sure. your cables or splitter could be damged or worn.,

14. Mittner

Mittner Member

Just checked the splitter, was a bad connection so I re-terminated it. The signal is better so I selected the provider and did an auto scan it still comes up as failed, could it be the box?

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

so when you scan nothing is coming in at all, does it go back to the installation menu?? I still think its a cable issue. Is there anyway you can plug the cable directly into the box with out any splitters or breaks in it?

16. Mittner

Mittner Member

It scans and says failed then at 100% it comes up "0 channels found". I disconnected all the other tv's out of the splitter except for the one im using and still no joy.

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Silly question, but are you in a digital enabled area? Your next door neighbour got a subbed box from nthell?

18. Mittner

Mittner Member

Yes we are in a digital enabled area cause our neighbours have nthell digital

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I know this sounds cheeky, but you know ure neighbour well? If ya do ask him can you plug it into his house and scan for channels, if it finds them, its your cabling thats causing the issue rathur than the box. cheeky hoor I know, but at least it will eliminate the box as being the issue..

20. Mittner

Mittner Member

Cheers man, good idea. Yea ill give it a go and see what happens and ill get back to you, thanks for all the help.