1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 2 the box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by alan54, Jun 12, 2007.

1. alan54

alan54 Guest

hi can any1 tell me if the new box as good as thay say

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Its the same as the old one, it just has the new update on it !- Its just the makers trying to stamp out the clones. If you have a genuine old one stay with it . hope that answered your ?

3. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

is the menu the same

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Not sure about the menu, but its more or less same i think

5. arnoldm

arnoldm Member

bought new Starview 2 box last week (first entry into this market)
    once I learned from afterdawn how to upgrade firmware and scanned in
    everything works perfect. menus simple to use(as on fergusb link pictures). seen original starview box since and titles etc semm identical.

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

They're just stamping out the clones with the new one. Its a pity that the firmware that they use is killing them.

7. i_dont_no

i_dont_no Member

Sorry for being stupid but whats firmware?
    We're just after buying a starview box (would you believe it the stations were down when we were installing it - good start eh !)
    I wonder if's worth the extra few bob to the one that unscrambles itself - pro view.
    How often do they go down? I don't fancy having to go searching for the code every time...

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

( firmware is basically the software which is used in the box)They go down every once in a while, but I wouldnt buy anything else.
    You can get the updated firmare by clicking the link http://www.drewish1.co.uk/ . Also all codes and firmware are free of charge courtesy of the guys on these forums so hold on to your cash!
    By the way on the same link check out if your box is genuine or clone, as putting new firmware on to it could kill your box.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

is it a starview or the box

10. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Basically looking at the circuit board and mechanically speaking its pretty much same as STARVIEW. Means The box is starview but in different outer casing. Same software and same stuff. So its just to get rid of copy starview market, starview has introduced different casing and thats it.

11. gossard

gossard Guest

Hi,

Firstly, you guys are great!

Now, I wanna buy a Starview 2 Box for my friend.Couple of questions.
    1. Are there Starview 2 Clones yet? I am buying from starview.co.uk and it turns out my original is a clone...hmmmph.
    2. When I receive the Starview 2, will I need to install firmware. If so, can I do this using the GT Loader and which firmware can I use (if it's possibly a clone, are some firmware updates off limits?

Thanks

Gossard

12. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

there are no clones of the starview 2 (the box) yet!!! so you can use any firmware for the box on it.also it comes with 2.60 on it so you don't have to flash it if you don't want to.and if you want to flash it you use gtrom the same as the starview

13. gossard

gossard Guest

Thank you very much.

OK so I'll go ahead and purchase "The Box". Just one more thing, if the box comes without the firmware, would it be suspicious? Like, is it possible it's a clone if that happens?

Gossard

14. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

dont be suspicious, alot of companies will only sell blank boxes as it is not illegal to do so !

15. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

there is no possibility of it being a clone.and it should come with 2.60 or higher on it

16. gossard

gossard Guest

Thanks guys. The only reason I was suspicious of starviewbox.co.uk is that my box is a clone! hee hee

Thanks again.

Gossard

17. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no prob