1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview box 2 help.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gurjs, Jun 8, 2007.

1. gurjs

gurjs Member

I need a little help again on the splitter as a member kindly helped me about it but i got stuck on how to connect the splitter into the feed coming into my house this is the only part that i found hard could someone thorughly explain as i have a 2 way splitter that i brought.

Another thing that's puzzling me is that i get dollar signs on the movie channels and others, ive searched the forum and does it mean that i have to input codes, but would i have to do this all the time or should i download new firmware. I thought the starview 2 wouldn't need much updating.

Can anyone help especially on the splitter issue. Thanks

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i split my cable by putting the 2 way splitter in the cable input in my box.then connected the ntl cable from the wall to the splitter.then from the splitter to the tv in my other room and everthing worked.

3. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

and is the starview 2 menu the same as the starview one menu?

4. gurjs

gurjs Member

thanks ryan just done it so thanks alot.

5. mickme

mickme Member

Have just got the Starview 2 box, majority of channels are showing $ sign and not coming in. Has anyone got the code to get into the secret menu to turn the EMU on like on the old starview box (i.e 1570)

Thanks.

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

I dont know about sv2 but did you try 2004, thats another master password for sv.

7. gurjs

gurjs Member

im pretty sure that the 1570 code still works as it has for me. i just pressed menu then entered the code and it worked fine

8. mickme

mickme Member

Hi,
    Had to update software on "The Box" and then it would accept the code 2004. Everything working fine so far.

9. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

What software did 'the box' come with ?
    The reason I ask is the sellers are saying that the boxes update codes themselves, This obviously isnt the case if you had to upgrade the software !?

10. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

my friend told me they come with v2.60 on them

11. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

So they do have to be updated too. Thanks for the info mate

12. mickme

mickme Member

Below is a copy of the email that the supplier sent me on how to get the box working. I went with the version 4.0 of the software. This should only be used on Starview 2 "The Box" only.

Hi,

That's not a problem. Due to legal reasons we cannot really help with setup of these boxes but I will try to help as much as I can.

Please visit the link below:

http://www.starviewbox.co.uk/downloads.html

If you are setting up THEBOX you will need to download the top three downloads on the link above. You will need THE LATEST BOX SOFTWARE but only either the 3.00 or the 4.00 not both. LATEST BOX LOADER and both files under THE BOX INSTRUCTIONS.

Please note if this is an original Starview you are setting up DO NOT upload these files as this will blow your box. THE BOX DOWNLOAD will only work on THE BOX.

Once downloads have been followed. Please follow the steps to turn on Key EMU.
    MENU > PARENTAL CONTROL > PRESS INFO ( Nothing will appear to happen however you will need to press this properly, possibly more than once ) > INPUT 2004 > TURN ON KEY EMU

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards

13. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

I thought v3 and v4 work on original too ?

14. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

there are two types of starview firmware,original starview firmware and the box firmware

15. whippet1

whippet1 Member

starview & THe Box are exactly the same inside same processor ect ect the only change has been the front panel (nothing else)

the v300 & v 400 will work on both the starview (original not clones) and the Box.

16. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Just as I thought , thanks for clearing that up lads !