1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview box cable or satellite?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by killalot, Jun 18, 2007.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Sorry if this has been asked before only just dropped on this does a starview box only work on cable or can you use it on satellite i.e. sky dish interested very much in this so any help much appreciated

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

starview is just for cable.but you can buy ones for satellite

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers mate we have ntl were I live is it best to get a cable starview or a satellite one I subscribe to sky at the moment but not to ntl TV only the broadband I get from ntl if I get the cable starview can I plug it straight in or would I have to subscribe to ntl to get them to switch it on or is it already switched on

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

before you buy a starview.get a cable pulg it in the ntl box on the wall then into the back of your tele.if you get basic channels then the you still have a live line.if not you will have to get a basic subscription yo ntl.also i think you get more channels with a satellite reciever but i am not sure.if you are in the uk i think you get 350 channels on a starview

5. killalot

killalot Active member

I’m in the UK I’ll try plugging a cable in first see what happens don’t I need a ntl set top box didn’t think you could plug straight into you television need the box cheers again for the info so far

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

sorry you might need a set top box because your in the uk in ireland you just put the cable in the back of your tele and you have basic tele.but there no harm in trying

7. killalot

killalot Active member

Ok cheers one last question and I’ll leave you alone then where can you buy a starview box from don’t suppose you’ve got a link don’t want to buy a clone box or a duffer

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i bought 3 of them from www.cableandsat.com all genuine.

9. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers Ryan I’ll check them out thanks for taking the time might need you again so don’t get going to far Ha

10. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

don't worry.i am nearly always on this site.

11. macarooon

macarooon Member

Ryanmg, you say in earlier response that there are SAT receivers available similar to SV boxes,
    where can i find them and what subscribtions will i require to operate this new box?I aleady get basic SAT channels.
    Also do i really need smellyvest broadband to operate SV boxes?
    Thanks in advance