1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview box for Satallite dish??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by swithin, Aug 20, 2007.

1. swithin

swithin Member

Hello all...I'm very new to this so excuse my ignorance..Firstly i have a Triax freeview box that is pointed to the Astra Satellite (sky digital satellite). Channel 4 etc is not yet free to air so my question is can i get a Starview box or the like that will allow me to view these channels. ie they are free to view on sky digital but not free-to-air.
    Thanks in advance
    Eoin

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Starview is for cable.
    Sky via satellite is not hacked and you need a FreeToView card and a matching box.
    Maybe you can get a card from a canceled sky subscription. Such a card would also open the FTV channels.

3. swithin

swithin Member

Thanks for that mgb, i might see if i can get a skybox with a FTA card..

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Buy a used sky box with yellow house card from a canceled sky subription. That should be enough to get the 5 FTV channels.

5. swithin

swithin Member

Thanks for that...I can buy a new sky digibox for around £60 sterling along with an active yellow card for £18.. Would this work straight away without any hassle or would you have to subscribe??
    Thanks in advance

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You don't have to subscribe.
    You always can buy a FTV/Freesat viewing card for 20 quid directly from sky to watch the 5 scrambled Freesat channels.