1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW BOX HAS NO POWER?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spinners, Jul 30, 2007.

1. spinners

spinners Member

hi i recently updated my starview box with the latest firmware v4.00, it worked fine and everything was ok but a few days later as i turned on the starview box i realised it had no power coming into the box, hope somebody can help? ps. im not sure if my starview

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Can you count the vents on top , 25x7 is genuine 18x7 is a clone , looks like you might have flashed with the wrong firmwar* , if its clone you can send a private message to fergus and he will sort it out for you

3. spinners

spinners Member

just checked it, its 18x7 so it must b a clone but d thing is iv 2 starview boxes and the other is fine since i updated the v4.00 firmware on it, the one that has no power was ok for a week after i updated it so thats why im so confused. how do i send a prv message? thanks for your reply.

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ok the clone needs to be updated with 2.57_fixed and the genuine is updated with V4.00 , therefore the wrong firmwa*e has killed the clone .

Is the other box a clone too and is it still alive ?
    If it still has power you could update it with the 2.57_fixed before it kills itself .

You can send a private message to members 2 ways

1. you can find a post by that member and over to the right of the post (Beside .. Report an offensive post) You will see an icon of a head , click that to send a PM

2. Up the top of this site you can see , ( Compose a Private Message) , if you click that you can type the name of the person you want to send a PM

5. spinners

spinners Member

cheers celtic, yea d other box i have is a clone also, i sent an email to the guy i bought both boxs from and he said that their d old 1st generation boxes and not clones so im a little confused with that?

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

If u put new firmware on and they died shortly afterwards then they are clones and not 1st gen starviews ! Your supplier is lying to u as genuine boxes will not die . Only problem u would get is if u put starview firmware on starview 'the box' and visversa..

7. spinners

spinners Member

so is there any way i can get the power back into the box or is it now only fit for the bin?

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Basically , sellers are not responsable for the firmwa*e you update on it , If you send a PM to fergus he can fix them for a small fee and they will be back working

9. spinners

spinners Member

cheers, i sent that prv message, hope he can help.

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im sure he will :)

11. lesterroe

lesterroe Guest

just done exactly same thing and just thound out mine was also a clone of ebay
    just sent fergus a message hoping he can fix my dead box

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Sorry mate no message received as yet

13. lesterroe

lesterroe Guest

ok must of sent wrong got in touch with the supplier who i got my box of and he as sent out a replacement,thougt this was good of him considering iv had the box 6 months

14. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Thats not bad , did you get a clone or genuine back ?

make sure you put the correct firmwa*e on it this time