1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barking, Jun 24, 2007.

1. barking

barking Guest

Hi all, I have a starview box with the 257e software installed on it. I have updated to the v4 software but it is still telling me channel scrambled. Can't get any stations working. If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate them. Thanks in anticipation.

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

go to main menu press 1570 and turn emu on.and if your box is a clone take v4 off it because it kills clones in the hour.

3. barking

barking Guest

Hi ryanmg again. Have done what you said but still nothing. Anything else I can do

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

put the keys in manual.

5. barking

barking Guest

Hi call me stupid but I thought you did not keys anymore with the v4 software. So now I do can you please tell me how to do it and do I need numbers. Thanks and sorry for all the questions

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you have v4 it should update.

7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

are you sure you have emu turned on!

8. barking

barking Guest

yes definitely turned on

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Barking sorry Ryan has asked me if I can help you out.

First of all is it a clone or a gen box this link will help you assess this http://www.drewish1.co.uk/

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry have to go for a while.

If you have figured out wheter it is a clone or a gen box.
    Please flash a clone box with new 2.57 firmware or if gen box please re-flash with version 4 firmware.Both can be found of previous link I have provided you with.

Before re-flashing please do a factory re-set. Turn off key emu and rescan. Turn key emu back on after re-scan. If problem still persists input keys manually, you will find latest ones here on this page http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517485.

I will be back later.

11. barking

barking Guest

Hi there, sorry did not get a chance to reply to you last night. I have done a factory re-set. I have turned off key emu and rescannned. Still nothing. Then turned key emu back on after re-scanning and still nothing. I may have not done the factory reset right so can you go through that with me. This also may help but if I try to do a manual scan it has Network scan disabled so I enable it and still nothing. Any help would be great as this box is not even mine. You mentioned putting in codes. Thought I did not need them with the v4 software and if I do now do you know the latest ones. Thanks in advance.

12. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Nthell dublin code

00 -- 29 C5 32 FA 51 A6 50 02
    01 -- 49 EC A4 0C 4F A0 30 C6

13. barking

barking Guest

thanks for that but when i go into nagravision my provider ID says 00 51 then key number says OA. Surely that cant be right

14. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Change your provider ID to 54 01 and make sure its on N*L and manual input your codes for each Key Data 00 and 01 and save each code after inputting them

15. barking

barking Guest

you are an absolute gem. Thanks a million for that. Have 1 last box to do so I hope it works too.

16. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

No problem , glad it worked for you and any problems post here and i try help you out !

17. barking

barking Guest

Sorry about this but back to you already. Having the same problem. Have done exactly as you said with this last box and can' get any stations. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

18. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

What is it saying on your screen

19. barking

barking Guest

When I put in the codes that you gave me I saved each line e.g provider 54 01 then store then i input the 00 codes and store and the same for 01 and store. Then I did a re scan and nothing. So I went back in to double the codes and it seems that provider ID keeps skipping on me

20. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Ok . when you go to your provider ID and its on N*L and 54 01 , enher key data for 00 and press ok , go back up to 00 and use your > to across to 01 and back down and enter your 01 key data , press ok , then just exit 3 times and your channels shouls be there !