1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by a.l.a.n., Jul 11, 2007.

1. a.l.a.n.

a.l.a.n. Member

A litttle new to this jargon - so in laymans terms here it goes.
    I have a Starview box genuine not clone. Most channels when watching are in wide screeen ( atleast they fill my widescreen TV anyhow).but quite a few are in 4.3 format. I have made sure the stettings are for 16.9- completley lost can anyone help. Also anyone know of any good retailers who stock the Starview with the twin tunes and HD.
    Thanks

2. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, a.l.a.n.,

What i sometimes have to do is, change the screen size with my tv remote as well as the sv one, just go into main menu and change the 16.9 to 4.3, on different channels, it works.......

What do you mean by twin tunes ?..
    I have the new sv the box and i'am sure it is not HD,
    but i could be wrong, but i must say that the picture quality is better than my other sv........

3. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

that is one of the problems with the sv. hasnt really sorted out the sceen ratio's yet. but its only a minor problem . CITYFAN is right as rhat is all u can really do!
    As to HD ( High definition ) the starview (or the box )is not one of these. they will cost u alot more cash
    on another note I have heard that the 'starview pvr ' is pretty impressive for about £160 or so on fleabay.
    As regards to the 2 tuners, u can watch one channel and record another. it uses dvb-c ( not 100% on dvb-t) but could be both
    then u could go for a 'DREAMBOX 600S PVR' which does have DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T . these also on fleabay for about £220
    Ask around on this forum, just put the search in for HD or PVR Box
    Then onto HDTV receivers which cost anywhere from £230 - £260.
    eg would be The 'TOPFIELD TF 7700 HSCI' and 'HUMAX HDCI 2000 HDTV '
    best of luck !
    just remember to do ur homework and if buying on fleabay , us a reputable seller with plenty of good feedback !!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  4. a.l.a.n.

a.l.a.n. Member

Thanks for the info. Although when I say layperson - think of (Digital set top boxes for Dummies) Anyhow- when I said Hd- I meant Hard Drive. In a nutshell what I was asking was - what is the neares t equivlent to a sky digi box (twin tuners hard drive) that will allow me to have lots of channels free gratis. Hope this make sense.
    Thanks for your help
    Alan

5. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

6. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, a.l.a.n.

With my new sv 2 the box, i noticed last night that once i set the screen size to 4.3 in menu, that my telly screen goes to wide screen, 16.9, and zoom. This i could never do with my last sv, because most of the time i had to watch picture in 16.9 or zoom to get a full screen, but now i don't.

Hope this info, is of help to you.