1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW CABLE BOX

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kduffy101, Jan 26, 2007.

1. kduffy101

kduffy101 Member

hi,ive had a box for 2months,worked great untill tonight,all the sky channels are saying"SCRAMMBLED,AUTO UPDATE",can anyone help?please,many thanks kduffy101

2. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

all starview boxes have gone down today , you need to update it with new fix , there is a link to it on here posted by fekker

3. glasgae

glasgae Member

All Starview boxes went down at about 10:00 today. To get the box up and running again the best ways seems to be updatng the starview box by linking it to your PC (using a null modem cable £10.00 if not supplied with box)
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&doy=26m1
    Once linked a piece of software called GT Loader is used to open a file called STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api.bin.
    The file can be got from Fekker's link in starview threads that are running above and below this thread.
    My prob is getting the GT Loader software which hopefully for anyone else came with box 'cos I have googled to get copy and can't find one. My mate is brining his disc copy for me tomorrow

I think there is a way to change the codes usig the remote in the "Secret Menu" Nagravision sub menu. Press Menu then 1570 to acces it from main screen. The manual change using the remote I am piecing together from various threads and wld only be brave enough to try it on my own box NEVER to recommend anyone elae try it (I AM STILL A NEWBIE!!!) Fekker has a link to key files in a thread running at top of list also.