1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview/cable splitter

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by am0, Apr 23, 2007.

1. am0

am0 Member

Hi all

Must i have a splitter for starview and cable box?
    explicit answers please
    thanks

2. g0atb0y

g0atb0y Guest

You need a splitter, as it is recomended that you keep your offical box connected, so your cable provider doesn't get suspicious that your box is never on. The official box constantly talks to the cable provider, telling them what on-demand programs you want to watch, what channels you have access to etc.

Hope this helps

3. am0

am0 Member

thanks goatboy

can the cable companies detect another box running that dooes not conform to thier rules?

thanks

4. g0atb0y

g0atb0y Guest

as far as I am aware (this information I have gained from this website) your official box, has a talk back function so it is alwasy in contact with your cable provider, your starview box doesn't have this option so, in theory your cable provider won't even know you are using it.
    Sounds like their have been people on this forum who have been using their box for years without any problem.
    I have had mine a month, and apart from doing the odd channel scan when I loose sound or some channels, I have been very happy and surprised with my starview. Wish I knew about this years ago, would have saved myself a fortune.

5. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

hey guys i have my starview box in the living room. and i want to p
    ut my NTL DIGITAL BOX in my room when its connected the picture is moving up an down coulours mixed and theres no sound anyone know if theres anythin i can do