1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channel sorting

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Savak, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Savak

Savak Member

Just set things up and all seems ok. 340+ channels found in the scan.

How can I sort out the channels so that I have BBC1 as channel#1 - BB2 channel#2 etc without moving each one manually through the list which takes ages?

Is there a faster way to move channels to a position?

Cheers.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

With regards to ordering channels to your liking. You can download the SVCE (Starview Channel Editor). You will find this in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos FTA Library. It is in the Starview Software Folder.

I have also uploaded an SVCE guide, you will find this in the Starview Documentation folder.

3. Savak

Savak Member

SVCE_1027?

Ok thanks. I'm new to all of this. Do I install this programme onto the starview in the same way as I flashed the chip?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes that is the correct file. DO NOTdownload this to the box, it is a standalone program for sorting your channels on your pc.

As stated please also download the SVCE guide this will explain how to go about using it.

5. Savak

Savak Member

Thanks for your help.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome.

7. sallykev

sallykev Member

hi all,

I have a question about channel editing. I have downloaded the editor and the GTrom uploader. When I edit the channels and load them onto the box I cant see the picture on the TV, just the channel guide and the stations are still mixed up. Is there a certain file that should be used to edit the channels?

Thanks

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Please download the SVCE guide in Eamos FTA Library at the end of my post, you will find it in the Starview Documentation folder. This will give you a comprehensive insight into using the editor.

9. sallykev

sallykev Member

`Hi,

I have read this document already and I read it again there just to be sure. Im doing everything that it says I should. The .bin file that I loaded is the one from http://eko.4shared.com/ in firmware downloads.

Thanks

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

That is totally different you are talking about firmware. The bin files that the editor creates is for channel information editing only. What are you trying to do?

If you want to upload firmware you just use the gtromloader and firmware.

11. sallykev

sallykev Member

Im not too sure where to get a file that I can edit the channels on. I downloaded 2.57eE and added to the channel editor, put the channels the way I wanted them and then uploaded it onto the box with GTrom.
    Is there a specific file that I can use for editing channels?

Thanks

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Slightyly confused here 2.57eE is the firmware for your box not a cdf. A channel file can be uploaded from your SV to you PC with the gtromloader. Then you open up the Starview editor and open the channel dump bin file you have just uploaded via the SVCE then you can edit the channel the way you like. Save the file. Open up gtromloader and this time download the edited bin file to you SV with the gtromloader.

13. sallykev

sallykev Member

Thats what I was wondering about, I was editing the channels on the firmware and then loading it onto the box, no wonder it wasnt working. So I upload the cdf file to my PC from the SV edit the channels and then download my edited version back onto the Box! Sounds good. Thanks for all the help.

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats it and then you will always have a customised channel list on your pc if you lose channels or if there are any changes, its easier to maintain that way.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  15. sallykev

sallykev Member

Cool, thanks again.