1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clones

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nigel2000, Dec 7, 2007.

1. nigel2000

nigel2000 Member

just heard the new starview "the box" and euro-vox have been cloned and there is a load coming over from china does anybody know how to identify these boxes?

2. CO19

CO19 Regular member

You can count the vents on the top of the boxes to tell whether they're genuine or not

18 slots x7 rows = clone
    25 "x7 " = genuine

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Not sure about the eurovox, but the box hasnt been cloned and I dont believe in the vent counting as a way to verify, you need to open the box to be sure, the MK1 starview had a smaller amount of vents, but back to the box, I can stand corrected, but it hasnt been cloned nor copied todate

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Mick there are rumours that the EV MaxV has been cloned and we have been tracking this for the last few months, looks like its true although I have to see definitive proof, as in the SV1 clones you only find out they exist when problems start to occur. Regards "The Box" wouldnt be surprised if this was next on the list, these guys can clone anything http://www.satellite-receiver.cn/sdp/352781/4/main-1644753.html