1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview connection

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by keeffe4, Sep 17, 2007.

1. keeffe4

keeffe4 Guest

Hi Ijust got a starview 2 box and while trying to download software , i cannot connect the rs-232 cable to my pc . is there some adaptor or new cable I can get
    cheers
    keeffe1

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

3. keeffe4

keeffe4 Guest

Cheers man

4. keeffe4

keeffe4 Guest

hI scouser
    I actually got an 9-pin cable is this what you mean , but both ends are female and my pc only as a female port also ,would I just require the adaptor so

Keeffe4

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes you use the adapter in conjuction with this cable as I presume your pc/laptop does not have a nine pin serial port and you will need to use the USB port. You could always borrow someone's desktop and save all the hassle.

6. keeffe4

keeffe4 Guest

Hi AGAIN
    Got 9 pin gender changer but on closer inspection of the rear of p.c. there is no 9-pin connection only 15 pin.
    all the ports for connecting other things .i.e. cameras or ipods are on the front and are the slimeline ports
    i suppose I will have to take your advice and try on some other laptop or is ther an another option.
    cheers
    keeffe4

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As per my earlier post above you need to use these two items together when using a laptop.

USB adapter goes to USB port,(what you are calling slimeline ports), on laptop. Null modem cable then plugs into the end of the adapter and then into the SV.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007