1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW DIGITAL BOX

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by 140851IAN, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Mattladz

Mattladz Member

Thanks cableview, but I'm on N*L Ireland in Dublin so VM wouldn't affect me. I have the original St**view with software from 2006 and have 142 channels working perfectly. I was just wondering with new channels that have come out since, is there anything I can do to get them also? I'm a total technophobe so any help would be greatly appreciated

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

sorry about that but some people dont pay any heed to small writing when you are trying to get the message across

My apologies if i rattled your ear drum lol :)

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes the same is happening here as well as they are changing the channels around the same as is happening on Sly as they are rearranging their channels as well so they must all follow suit

4. Mattladz

Mattladz Member

Thanks for reply Fergusb, I've never had the likes of UK History, Food, People, C&I Network. So there's nothing I can do, will stop me obsessing about it! I was just wondering if these channels and newer one were available in Ireland.

Thanks again guys (",)

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You will find over the coming few weeks or even months that channels will change for new ones and others will be taken off so i would not unduly worry to much as the line up in the uk dictate what is to be shown over here

6. triggster

triggster Member

Fergus Not yet got my cble to update firmware, next week will try to get it can you remind me of the spec of the cable i need. have all my channels back except skysports1 and 2 im sure ive done a manual scan in past with a a particular down frequency will this work and what frequency should i use / telpest north west area.

7. cableview

cableview Guest

if u stay close to glasgow u can come down and i will update it for you.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

not sure what the freq is for your area but i am sure somebody will tell you on here

this is the cable you need ok

USB Adapter Cable
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968&DOY=17m6&tabs=n

Heres the NULL MODEM CABLE Code L71BT
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

Also some people have told me they do a manuall scan on there box and it has worked

downrate to 0

symbol rate 6952 i think that is for your area

constellation to Auto scroll to the right this will bring this up for you

network scan to enable scroll right again and this will do this for you

try that and let me know how you get on it has worked for some maybe you will be lucky

9. triggster

triggster Member

thanks chaps will have a go shortly

10. triggster

triggster Member

no joy unfortunately