1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Digital Receiver

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mrjag, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mrjag

mrjag Member

Hi there. I recently got a Starview digital receiver and it worked fine when connected to NTL cable. I would be delighted if you can help me with a couple of questions. I am moving to a new house and when I called NTL they said they can supply to that area but it is via an aerial of some sort (and not via cable which I had in last house). Will the starview work from this? I do not wish to get connected to NTL and then realise the starview does not work. If it doesnt, what other options do I have? On the new house there is a satellite dish connected (I think it is a sky one). Their is no receiver box in the house though. Do you know what are my best options? Thanks for any help.

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

the n** aerial is an mmd i don't know if starviews work on mmds and you can't get a box to connect to the sky dish to get there channel.so just ask around does the starview work on an n** mmd

3. whippet1

whippet1 Member

Hi mate

if they said they could supply you via a communal airal this is the same as cable but its the old fastioned way (above ground) if you look between the houses you might notive a think black wire this is the cable (comunal) wire.

4. whippet1

whippet1 Member

The above should of read

Communal Arial

5. mrjag

mrjag Member

I will try and find out from N*L. I think they put some aerial on the roof. There are aerials on other houses near by, but i am not sure which provider they have.

6. whippet1

whippet1 Member

if they actualy use and arial it wont work with a starview the communal arial is a cabble that runs on the outside of the houses at the gutters rather than underground.