1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview flash

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by blanno, May 23, 2007.

1. steo46

steo46 Regular member

The usb to serial adapter takes about 20 mins to transfer the file compared to flashing from a real serial port which takes about 1 minute. give it a bit of time and see what happens.

2. hallcross

hallcross Guest

Thanks, but I gave it an hour, still on 0%

Steve

3. shawath

shawath Member

Hi Hallcross. Yeah I had the same problem when I changed from serial port to USB port. It selects com port 3 but this never works you have to maually configure it to ports 1 or 2. It will might say these ports are currently in use but providing you havent got anything plugged in to them it just means that they have been in use in the past. Once you maunually configure the ports to the USB you will find that the lead will work and as Steo says it does take so much longer but you will start to see it downloading straight away - just slower. Hope this helps!

4. JAYGEORGE

JAYGEORGE Member

Hi, i have tried to set my USB connector to 1 and 2 but it does not work. i said the default transfer rate on the connector to 11250 to match the gtrom loader but i am still getting update failed. Any one have any other ideas??
    thanks

5. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi flashed box with v300 box died 4/5 hrs later anyone know how to get box going again

6. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi flashed box with v300 box died 4/5 hrs later anyone know how to get box going again

7. kennymat

kennymat Member

Hi all i have the same thing to me i put in 300e then it went daed is there any way to get it to work again thanks

8. fearona

fearona Member

Needs J tagging

9. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

ok whats jtaging and how can i learn how to do this

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest