1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview frozen on language menu - HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by HURL99, Oct 5, 2007.

1. HURL99

HURL99 Guest

hi, came home & noticed channels gone went into menus to try to update code, menu is stuck on languages - i can change languages (?!) & go to install menu but parental control & channel edit are green & not accessible - I can't exit out of the menu, I've tried switching it off & leaving it & back on but still nothing!
    Please can someone help/advise - thanks

2. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Sounds like someone did a factory reset. You need to select English, or whatever your preferred language is. Select INSTALLATION, press OK, on the next screen select your provider, then select AUTOMATIC SCAN.

Wait for the scan to finish, it can take a while.
    When it's done, exit back out to the main menu, enter 1570, go down to Key EMU, and turn it ON.
    Then exit all the way back out to tv.

3. HURL99

HURL99 Guest

Thanks you're a star..one less for the divorce courts here! just trying it now

4. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

You're welcome. Hope that works for you.

If you run in to trouble, post back here, we'll get it sorted one way or another. As a by the way, when you're done, can you let us know what firmware you are running. Press MENU, go to system information, and let us know what is next to API ver.
    Thanks.

5. HURL99

HURL99 Guest

Great thanks - finished set up but now have channels saying info's being updated but doesnt update - can you just confirm that i need to go back in to the menu to change the nagra no's? - i've done this loads of time but have lost my bottle after todays mistake!!
    i've checked the firmware its 2.57e_E
    Thanks again

6. HURL99

HURL99 Guest

hi.. bet you're sorry you helped me now! - i've got the channels back now but have no sound.. haven't had this problem before - any ideas please?

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

In Eamos absence if you have no sound on all channels just check your scart lead is plugged in firmly.

8. HURL99

HURL99 Guest

Cheers - all sorted, thanks eva so much to you both

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome, enjoy.

10. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Thanks for stepping in scouser, got called away in a hurry for family stuff.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem Eamo heading myself have a good one :)