1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview gone Kaput on me

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by chalkyuk, Jun 9, 2007.

1. chalkyuk

chalkyuk Guest

Howdy all

I seem to be having problems with my starview box… Whilst watching it the thing froze on me. I tried to turn it off by the remote but nothing. So I unplugged it and replugged it back in. And there was nothing what so ever this time… no lights on the front of the unit No channel numbers, no nothing…I changed the fuse in the plug to see if that helps but no luck… just the same nothing. As if no power was getting to it…

I wonder if anyone of you could help with my problem… Has the unit gone kaput on me or is it something that can be fixed….

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

what firmware was on it?was it a clone box

3. macarooon

macarooon Member

Did you manage to sort,cos i have same problem since yesterday and i have also asked for help on the forum,but it seems like the box is kaput.
    The response i am getting is that go back to the supplier.

4. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

your should be under it 12 months warrenty & should be replaced for free, get in touch with your supplier , & he should replace it & tell him it had the 2.57 file on it and thats it, so its not be flashed at all from you

5. chalkyuk

chalkyuk Guest

Hi once again

Howdy ryanmg….Not sure which firmware was on it. But after reading a few threads here…I do think I may of purchased a clone version of the starveiw box…Not sure if this is the reason it’s stopped working however.

Howdy macaroon. Not yet m8 but if ya hear of a way do give us a holla…

Howdy TAFSIR... Hoping to go and see the dude I got it from tomorrow. Hopefully he still lives there. And will replace it…

Thanks for the input guys

6. lrnk

lrnk Member

i will fix it for you for £10 with free delivery back to you via recorded delivery