1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview help with updates

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by lfclee, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lfclee

lfclee Guest

i have had the star view 2 box for some time now 7 months or so does this need update,n the software is star veiw api ver:4.00e_E boot ver 7.0 7 jun 2007 if there is updates can some 1 help where to get them and how to do it i have the cable to hookit to my pc many thanks lee

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

For "The Box" only:

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968&doy=28m1&C=SO&U=strat15

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos FTA Library.

You will need the GTromloader V4, (Starview Software Uploader), found in the Starview software folder of the link.

You will need version 4.50 for Ireland or version 4.51 for the UK firmware found in "The Box" firmware folder. There are later versions but I find these quite stable.

And please download the Starview PDF guide,(similar instructions as to "The Box" guide), this will give you step by step instructions on how to do everything.This can be found in the Starview Documentation folder in the link.

On another note why fix something that isnt broken :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  3. lfclee

lfclee Guest

will the updates make the egp any better ? thanks

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cant say for sure depends on your area and provider, but it wont make it worse :)