1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview II boxes?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by barry84, Jul 10, 2007.

1. barry84

barry84 Member

hi,ive been looking on ebay(feel free to edit) at purchasing another two starview boxes but it seems there arent any originals to be found,only clones but i have seen the Starview II boxes.
    has anyone got one of these on n*l in ireland?is there the same software available to autoroll to update the codes?
    is it true that the 7 day EPG works in ireland?

cheers guys

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes you are right about the clones. The Starvew II as you call it is actually called quite simply "The Box". A few people have them now. Yes they work on N** in Ireland and have a working 7 day EPG.

3. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi,

I have the new sv called the box,,, could anyone flash it for me as i have a lap top and not a pc....... Dublin area......

THANK'S..........

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hiya City you can use your laptop to flash it.

5. pen123

pen123 Guest

[
    hi mate'
    i have got starview box
    still in the box
    working parfectly
    new software
    updated 4v

quote=barry84]hi,ive been looking on ebay(feel free to edit) at purchasing another two starview boxes but it seems there arent any originals to be found,only clones but i have seen the Starview II boxes.
    has anyone got one of these on n*l in ireland?is there the same software available to autoroll to update the codes?
    is it true that the 7 day EPG works in ireland?

cheers guys[/quote]

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

[/quote]

7. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, All,

I have the new SV, "the box",,, It's working perfect, i'am very very happy with it. It even has the new 4.5 version......

8. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

HI YA, SCOUSER,,,,,,,

Do know what ?, it's well flashed, a big thank's to fergusrb, he really knows his "STUFF",,,, the new sv box is grrrrrrrrrrrrrr8888888888888...........

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Nice one City. Yep Ferg told me he sorted you out. So you got "the box", what differences have you found between this and the Starview?

10. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, Scouser,

To tell you the truth, the only difference that i have noticed so far is,

1. Better picture quality,
    2. EPG better,
    3. Faster channel change,

Maybe there are more, but i only had the tv on for a while last night. As far as i know with the new box, it is suppossed to update the codes itself, i won't know if it will until the codes get scrambled.. (I WILL LET YOU KNOW)........

Oh !, yes one more thing, when i switch the box on from standby mode, on my tv screen appears in big , is THE BOX . Also one should never switch off the box only put it in standby mode, never unplug it.. Just keep it on all the time, i think that ?.. this is because it finds codes that way...........

BE IN TOUCH..........
    HOPE THE POOL DO WELL THIS SEASON.........

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks City sounds good enough to me :) Hope Mr Ericsson can do you some good also.