1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Info (More Advice Required)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by swift123, Feb 6, 2007.

1. swift123

swift123 Member

I got a starview box last friday. I switched EMU to ON and channels were de-scrambling, i am on TW, there were a lot of scrambled or bad channels. I would be grateful if anyone could answer the following questions:-

1) Should ALL the channels de-scramble or should there be some channels that cannot be de-scrambled?

2) Are there regional key codes, I got my box from down south so I don't know if it has the local (glasgow area) settings?

3) Does the box automatically update when it finds new channels or do I need to keep doing a new scan to update for channels (i.e. is there more channels at the weekend than during the week)?

4) I was told it was an auto-updating box, what does this mean?

Many channels were scrambled and very few were de-scrambling from my initial scan so on Sunday I done a scan and 186 channels were showing, when I went into the EPG 252 channels were showing, but many were scrambled or bad. So last night I reset the box to factory settings then done a new scan, 236 channels were found, with some still being scrambled or bad. I switced EMU to ON again but none of the scrambled channels were de-scrambling (there was around 20 scrambled/bad channels).

I am confused as it picks up a different number of channels after each scan, sometimes it de-scrambles channels but now it doesn't (is this because they are already de-scrambled and some are unable to de-scramble?).

Can anyone answer my questions and offer advice to put my mind to rest?? Thank you in advance.

P.S. Sorry about the size of this request (it didn't start out this big) although, i suppose, it might be useful for other starview owners to view.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

1) There are a lot of channels that have nothing on them so don't worry about it.

2) Just set to TW

3) You need to rescan for new channels.

4) The CC's change their keys occasionally, the box should store these keys to unscramble the channel automatically.

The Starview sometimes needs more than one scan to get the channels. Some you may receive intermittently may be a test channel or a VOD channel that someone has asked to see (very rarely & not worth looking for). If you are receiving the $KY channels then your Starview is working ok.

3. swift123

swift123 Member

Thanks very much mate, you have put my mind to rest, now i can stop being paranoid that things aren't working and enjoy the tv.

4. swift123

swift123 Member

I have one more question if someone could answer:-

I have set up my favourites and renamed some channels, if I was to do another automatic scan, would this clear my favourites and channel name changes or would it just add the new channels to the bottom of my channels currently there?

I have spent a bit of time renaming my channels and setting up my favourites so would hate to waste all my hard work.

Thanks again in advance.

5. tuohy

tuohy Member

hi you need to upload your chnnels,go to your gtrom loader v400,go to file type,select channel data file,then click upload,this will save your channels in the way you have saved them.
    dont forget you need to connect your rs232 ports.