1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW MULTI ROOM

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by stake07, Dec 22, 2007.

1. stake07

stake07 Member

is it possible to view the starview programmes in another room in my house?any clues?can a sender do the job?

2. CO19

CO19 Regular member

Stake try not to multi post it can cause confusion-Yes you can watch channels from a S******w in another room using a wireless video sender,haven't done it myself but I've heard that others have done it and it has worked ok for them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

or use an old video if you have it - scart from the box to the video - turn the video to AV channel - then connect your cable from the cable out on the back of the video to your other telly, tune your telly in and voila done.

Or use a vdeo sender - which is a few quid depending on the quality, better off buying another box at that rate

4. indi

indi Member

Hi,
    some great info on this board...just wondering if anyone has an idea of why i cant get sound on my 2nd tele (Make:panasonic) connection from starwiew 2 box (gen).The connections is same as before on old NTL box where picture and sound were perfect,on both Teles.
    Possibly I need to adjust sound setting on Box or Tv??

Any advice appreciatted.Thanks in advance.

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

check scart connections and mute on remote

6. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

oops

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  7. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

The guys are right you can use a video sender a lot of people get the tri star from argos although you wont be able to watch 2 different chs at the same time.

May I sugest you buy a splitter from maplin some coax and another cable box of your choice to which you will then create true multi room. You may also need a signal booster the better one on the market is the konaig which has a variable gain. But try without this first as no point spending more money than you have to.

Look at the different cable receivers as some have better tuners than others.

KMAC.

8. indi

indi Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for replies...dont really know how..but i fiddled around with seetings...and somehow working now...magic..so will leave it alone.

9. cyberwar

cyberwar Member

Hello to evryone....me very new to this forum..just a quick question..after reading through all these i ahve certainly realised that we can make the star**** box watch in two different room thru' video sender.....but can we watch two different channel at the same time on two telly......any feedback would be much appreciated...Thanks in Advance.....

10. indi

indi Member

Hi Cyber...dont think its possible to watch 2 different channels at same time...unless somebody knows different

11. DesB

DesB Regular member

The only way to watch 2 different programmes at the same time is to invest in another box.. Friend..sorry!!

12. CO19

CO19 Regular member

Yep Des is right you can't watch different channels in different rooms from the one box no matter what you try there is no way it can be done.