1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview newbie

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fatpuss, Jun 21, 2007.

1. fatpuss

fatpuss Guest

Hi ive just joined this website, not very up on all the techno talk! have a starview box but it keeps going off and some have the stations have no sound and some of them the sound is not in sync with the picture. anyone know how to fix this and stop the stations from going off all the time? i keep putting the new codes in but it just goes off a few days later. also what is flashing and how do i do it? from what ive seen on this site i seem to have a genuine box.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Click on my name and go to Drewish Tutorial all info you need there.

3. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

about the sound prob go to this link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517485

and flashing is uploading new software to your box the software is called firmware.
    to upload firmware to your box you need a null modem cable(you might have been supplied one)if not you will have to buy in any good computer supply shop.
    you will need gtrom loader this is an application you use to upload the firmware to your box.

if you have any more q's just ask.

4. fatpuss

fatpuss Guest

thanks! know i sound like an idiot(doh!) but had to learn somehow! just a few more q's........
    what is a gtrom and how do i get it? and what version do i download from the linked page? would 4.0 be the best version?

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

you can get gtrom and v 4 at the bottom of my post.v4 is the best for genuine starviews.gtrom loader is for uploading the firmware to your box.without it you can't put v4 on you box

6. fatpuss

fatpuss Guest

do i have to be connected to the starview box to download the gtrom loader to my pc?

7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yes you need a null modem cable( 9 pin female to female rs 232 cable)

8. fatpuss

fatpuss Guest

thanks for your help, you're all legends! im off to try this out i'll let you know how i get on! thanks again.

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you have any more probs just ask.

10. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Are you on overtime Ryan lol

11. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah time and a half lol ;)

12. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

After 12 is double time ha ha