1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview please help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by steve474, Dec 14, 2007.

1. steve474

steve474 Guest

got a new box running on 4.00 no problems apart from some of the good channels are breaking up or freezing slightly tryed all normal fix it's with no joy can anybody please help, n*l

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Have you got a Starvi*w or Starvi*w 2 THE B0X ?

What area are you in ?

3. steve474

steve474 Guest

iv'e got starview, 1 month old its the main box then i have a second box 1 year old and never had a problem with that, thanks to reading all your threads but this box was all right for 2 weeks then day before the fight last sat best channels started to break up and freeze. any help would be much appreciated, (northants)

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Are you using a splitter as the signal might be too weak

You will need to know if you have a clone or genuine

Count the vents on top

18x7 = Clone
    25x7 = Genuine
    13x7 = 1st Generation

Also you can go here to see some pics
    http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon

5. steve474

steve474 Guest

thanks for the help, i had already changed the cables and the splitter before i read your post, and i think it might be the splitter as i seem to have cracked it for the moment everything is aok i think its a clone as it has 18 vents, it came from tvgadgets on eb*y liverpool they have 100% feedback so i thought it to be genuine, but it seems to be working ok so i'm happy. I think you were spot on about the splitter, i run 3 boxs from 1 feed, it must be using to much power . cheers for the help

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes a splitter will cause that problem

To verfiy you have a clone you can look the the front of the b0x and see if the scart connectors are to the left or right

Left = Clone
    Right = Genuine

The latest firmware to autoroll codes is 2.57_FIXED

7. steve474

steve474 Guest

cheers celtic it.s a clone but it seems to work ok so it will do for now. which box would you say is the best allrounder so i know if i feel like replacing 1.

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

If its a clone then you be better off putting the 2.57_FIXED firmware on it and it will auto roll the codes for you

Personally I think the Eurov0 max v 2008 is one of the best :)