1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW PROBLEM-HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by McCool, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Taurens

Taurens Member

But i have already set the codes to what i see in the post you point me towards:
    is there anything else i need to do is it just that the box won't work for whatever reason? (possibly MDS connection but not sure on that at all)

Also, what do you mean by autoroll? I think i have the starview 2 as well - it is the box that the automatic link is created to on this site.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

what part of the country are you living in can you tell me thanks

3. Taurens

Taurens Member

Greystones, Wicklow.

I have been told it is not MDS in the house, but I have a feeling that Chorus is sent to greystones via MDS and then redistributed via cable. I think that may explain the problems I am having, but i can't be sure, and i'd like to be sure before i go trying to buy the Starview MDS box.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You are not on digital down there as far as i know it only goes as far as bray so i would say that is your problem as they are digital receivers you will not be able to use them sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  5. pmoone

pmoone Guest

Can anyone help

I have an original box, Just got it today, Version 4.54e, Boot Ver: 7.0, 22 oct 2007. Loads of channels scrambled. I cannot enter the EMU menu. I have tried menu 1570. And also parental lock Info (Holding down and not holding down 2004 and 2007. But it still won't come up. I have tries resetting factory setting as well. Any other sugestions I am at my wits end?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you will need to reflash the box back to V4.50 for ireland or V4.51 for the uk as the firmware that come's on the box is only for freeview only all the firmware is on the eko site on the bottom of my post ok

7. Taurens

Taurens Member

oh, bugger.

damn it. that was a waste of hard earned cash so!

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

sorry about the bearer of bad news should have been reading the posts as we have discussed this before on here with people who had the same problem outside bray analogue cable only

9. Taurens

Taurens Member

ok, only found this site today, after having problems with the box.

I'll have a search round the site over the weekend to see if there are any alternatives (such as getting n** or C****s digital or something.

Thanks for taking a look though.

10. mboromanc

mboromanc Member

thanks fergusrb, i only have a laptop and null that i have isnt too hot however whilst the box has been disconnected and i have been messing about with the drivers for the laptop it seems to have rectified itself, if it starts again will retry your suggestion ...much appreciated

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Unless you can get digital via an ariel that is your only hope as the cable has not been ungraded and prob wont be for a long time if you do manage to get a MMDS digital ariel you will need a MMDS box which is a dvb-t box the one we use is dvb-c ok

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

here is what you need but be sure to install the cd driver first before using the usb device ok

USB Adapter Cable
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968&DOY=17m6&tabs=n

Heres the NULL MODEM CABLE Code L71BT
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

13. apkavana

apkavana Member

Hi all will the BOX work in Kilkenny on Chorus

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it will as long as you have true cable and not an ariel on your roof otherwise no it wont