1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW PVR - CANNOT SET UP AT ALL!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by rdlcfan, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rdlcfan

rdlcfan Guest

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and am desperate for some help. I have a new Starview 5000 PVR, but cannot get it set up. I can get past English language, but no luck scanning as I cannot select provider and also can't get into hidden menu. The instructions I had with the box are next to useless and my wife is giving me loaaads of stick for buying it, so any advice gratefully received. ps I have left the hdd off for now to keep it simple, but that (320gb) only formats 48 percent then loops to zero.

Thanks

rdlcfan

2. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Can you use the left and right arrows to scroll across to choose the provider you need ?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. rdlcfan

rdlcfan Guest

Hi there. No, no provider options at all. All I have is AutoScan and Manual Scan options. Also, can't get to unlock the hidden area. Really frustrating as the normal Starview works fine, but I obviously want the benefits of 2 tuners and hdd!!

Cheers

rdlcfan

4. malci

malci Guest

Hi rdlcfan, can you go to main menu and check system information, it looks like you may have vers.258 api - this will not let you access secret menu, worth a check.

5. nigelw

nigelw Guest

hi does anybody have codes and prov id for telewst southwest glos

6. malci

malci Guest

7. rdlcfan

rdlcfan Guest

Thanks to everyone for your help. The box just needed flashing but I thought it had been done. Doh!! Now fully functioning and to anyone thinking of getting one, it is FANTASTIC. Very close to Skyplus functionality. Highly recommended. Thanks again. Will happily answer questions if I can from anyone thinking of buying one...

rdlcfan

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

What price did u get it for and whats the 2 tuners for ? is it for dvb-c and dvb-t ?

9. nigelw

nigelw Guest

i have those codes and still scambled on all chnls

10. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

where are u nigel ?

11. nigelw

nigelw Guest

southwest glos on telewst using a replay lite box any help please

12. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

best bet would be to Search on the forum for the replay lite . this is for starview box and your better off getting the experts on replay lite's to sort you out

13. rdlcfan

rdlcfan Guest

Reply to Mainamn. I paid 150 on Ebay and they are normally around 160 plus the cost of a hard drive. It has 2 tuners so that you can watch one channel and record another. Just put 'starview pvr' in an ebay search and any of the ads will tell you all about it. I was stitched up by someone offering a really cheap one and nothing was delivered, so go for someone with loads of good feedback. According to the manual it is DVB-C, whatever that is! The EPG is spot on and pretty quick. Not cheap all in all, but I think it was well worth the money. Just be sure to get a quiet hdd or you will hear it click as the heads move. I am about to swap my hitachi for a samsung as they are supposed to be really quiet. Hope this helps. rdlcfan

14. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

thanks m8 it does help. whats a 'quite hdd'?
    and im presuming thats 150 gb £

15. rdlcfan

rdlcfan Guest

Hi there. Read it again! I said 'quiet hdd', not quite. I have an Hitachi hard disc drive and you can hear the head shuffling as it reads and writes. I am going to get a Samsung as they are supposed to be really quiet. The amount I paid was indeed good old british pounds. Cheers. rdlcfan

16. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Thats what i meant, sorry didnt check spelling. thanks again m8 !