1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by eire_245, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry but I really have to leave. But there is one major problem I have noticed in your info.

my system info is
    starview pvr
    dual record pvr
    E_Ver 1.137 T2, 29 Mar 2007

When you should have v4.50 06 July 2007this indicates that the flash was not successful and you only have FTA firmware on the PVR which will not allow you to view "all" channels.

There seems to be a problem with the PVR firmware files in the Eko link.

Please download these ones as I have checked them and they are fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5wg2wzmxvhx

Now I really must dash.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. eire_245

eire_245 Member

cheers man, very much appreciated

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

scouser
    are you sure just wondering why he would put v4.50 on his box as his is the starview pvr and not TheBox just in case it is wrong

are they not two different files for the pvr and the box

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  4. eire_245

eire_245 Member

i put the new fiemware on, ferg im pretty sure its for the pvr, still nothing, even inputted the codes in manually with autoupdate on...and nothing, even with emu turned off on "the box" you still pick up euro channels and stuff! could it be a faulty box?? would the extra outlets on the back have anything to do with it? like cable loop, cable input 2 etc and also pal-k,pal-I,pal-g??
    im just totally lost at this stage! should have just stuck with the original starview

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

are you sure you have digital in your area you are in also do you have the cable into the cable input on your box also are you using a scart lead as well

Also do you get your signal from an ariel on the roof or from outside

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry Ferg I was in a hurry earlier should have explained the new version I gave him is actually the latest firmware. It was released the second week in July. I know it is somewhat confusing with the box firmare having the same revision number.

The one in Eamos looks like a test file as I checked it out. I have uploaded the latest PVR firmware to Eamos Library just need him to edit out the last version.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need to connect the loop from the output of tuner 1 to the input of tuner 2. I presume you also flashed the box successfully with the firmware I gave you earlier.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ya you defo had me confused all right i just thought you where in a hurry and got con flustered lol but thanks for that at least it alias my fears of the worst you know where the old one is from dont ya i put that up the time tam was on advertising well at least we know we have the right one now thanks for that why the hell the name them the same it would have anybody confused there is going to be problems with that i can see it happening peeps will use the file on both boxes wait and see

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Oh and by the way he is still not up and running i dont have a clue what the problem is at this stage why they dont make all the boxes the same i dont know it would be easier to solve the problems

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hi Ferg, yep sorry about earlier I was in a rush. Yes I remember the old version went in for the reason it did :) As said the naming conventions are really starting to get confusing now, but what else can be expected, I can see loads of PVR people with the box firmware and vicesa versa.

Regarding this problem I think it is just the fact that they havent hard looped the tuners.

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

i would say one thing they are the hardest box i have come across to sort out peeps should stick to boxes that are simple to set up flash and sort out unless you are tech minded which a lot of people are not are these made this way so as not to be able to receive the channels only the freeview ones do you think

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes Ferg the PVR is a bit tricky compared to the out of the box flash and view ones. Although is comparison to linux based boxes its still just a fancy Starview. I have looked at the price of other PVRs and in comparison this one is by far the cheapest. So as we said at the start of the SV craze its cheap but it does what is says on the tin. The dual tuner and hd do make things a bit more difficult than the SVs and EVs. But it is like anything mess around with it for a while and it is easy enough.

I had the pleasure of doing one for a mate a week or two ago so I had my time of trial and error learning :)

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I think i will stick to the Starviews and the eurovox by far the easiest to use and if there is any problems there is lots of help available no matter what forum you go to unlike the pvr there is little or no help available for them as you do not come across many of them so that could be the reason there is little help about

[​IMG]

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Too true Ferg and less headaches all round.

16. eire_245

eire_245 Member

ah ha! the cable loop could be it! everthing else i have done right, but i never connected the small cable connector that came with the box as i thought it was something to do with the hdd, so i should connect that cable into cable loop 1 and 2 and my aerial into the cable input?

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats all sorry I had presumed you had done this.

18. eire_245

eire_245 Member

cheers man, ill give it a whizz when i get home! i was at breaking point wioth it last night! it nearly went out the window! lol

19. eire_245

eire_245 Member

ok so the cable input loop 1 is a male connection and the cable input loop 2 is a male connection, the connector cable that came with the box is male-female, and the other two connections beside these are cable input 1 (on top) and cable input 2, my assumption was that i used the connection cable to join the cable input loop 1 to the cable input loop 2 (one above the other) and connect my n*l cable into the cable input 1, obviously leaving cable input 2 empty, is this right? i dont think so as why would they have supplied a male-female connection is i was to connect 2 male connections

any help much appreciated

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need to connect the loop from the output of tuner 1 to the input of tuner 2