1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by eire_245, Sep 3, 2007.

1. eire_245

eire_245 Member

so i did that and still nothing, essentially ive got the loop going from top left to bottom right(cable loop 1 output - cable 2 input), with my n*l cable connected in the top right(cable 1 input) and still nothing, even did a fac reset and tried switching the cable around, it still displays init on the front of the box?? when im scanning at the top of the screen it says xxxxxx(6 digit no`s that it scans through) (64 QAM) 6887 KSps
    any ideas?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So you have the little black coax going between loop 1 and loop 2 ?

Sounds like it hasnt flashed either. Go to system setup/parental control in menu Press( i or info button) + (2007) to enter cas screen and see what it says. I have seen this happen with the null modem cable before but you can flash it through the HD using the USB lead, but I dont think you have the HD yet do you?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  3. eire_245

eire_245 Member

i dont know how to describe it so this is the cable inputs as on the back of the box,
    cable loop 1 input-->(A_) (_)<--- cable 1 input(n*l connected here)

cable loop2 output-->(_) (B_)<---cable 2 input

i have A connected to B with the connector cable, both loop one and 2 are male connections, ive tried it the other way round with no joy
    any ideas

4. eire_245

eire_245 Member

i also got an Adapters to convert a 'F' plug to s standard TV Aerial Coax plug

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you looked at my previous post

6. eire_245

eire_245 Member

yes i have, but what i was saying was that both loop 1 and 2 are male connections, and my connection cable is male female, so how would i join these together?? sorry for sounding like an idiot im just rerally confused

and that little pic i did should read
    cable loop 1 output cable 1 input
    cable loop 2 output cable 2 input

7. eire_245

eire_245 Member

it dosent seem like it flashed right, in cas it only lets me selesct nagra nad autoupdate, but in system info it says the right firmware, ill stick a harddrive into it tonight, is it the same process for flashing through the usb? i just follow all the same steps for setting up the channels?

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry for all the hassle m8 but it is a different method to flash through the HD it is quite easy though.

1. Connect up your PC and PVR with the USB Cable.

2. Press Main Menu, then select "HDD Mode Change PVR",Press 0000 on the remote you should see "HDD Mode Change PC" on the PC.

3. It will show a new local disk on the PC saying either F:W or E:W.

4. Copy new firmware to firmware folder in the local disk.

5. Please select safely remove hardware in pc on the taskbar.Now remove the USB Cable.

6. Go to main menu and select “HDD Mode Change PC”, Press 0000 on the remote.

7. Once in “HDD Mode Change PVR”, PVR should re-boot automatically.

8. Go to main menu,"Select HDD Interface",select upgrade software from HDD.

9. Select new firmware,Press 0000 on the remote.

10. Firmware will upgrade and PVR will re-boot.

9. eire_245

eire_245 Member

will try and get it installed tonight and give it a go. cheers for your help scouser, just out of interest, is it a fault in the box that causes the null modem method not to work? and did i have my loop cables set up right?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You even have me confused on the loops now :) As long as you have it going between loop in on one tuner and loop out of the other tuner your fine. I have seen a few people with the null modem method having problems, me included, but the HDD method always works. Gotta go so best of luck with it.

11. eire_245

eire_245 Member

so i installed the harddrive just there, put it in turned it on, did a scan just for the sake of it, before doing what you said scouser(ie flashing from usb and hdd) and it picks up the channels straight away no bother. the hard drive must be required?? need to get a new one though as my 16gb ol hunk of junk that i had lying around sounds like it going to take off!! haha flicking through the channels on epg is slow like a second delay is there a setting to speed this up? but at least i got it working!!

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Strange as it is designed to work without the HD installed. Regarding the EPG did you turn summer time on that should improve it a bit.Sometimes you need to turn the pvr off and back on again after changing the setting to update the time. Like all SVs the EPG is quite bad. And yes you definitely need a bigger HD :)

13. eire_245

eire_245 Member

ordered a 300gb puppy there so that should keep me going!! yea its strange scouser, i wonder if i take the hard drive out will it work, might give that a go the weekend and see what happens. did u have one working witout a harddrive? i wonder if it needs the harddrive to store the channel? is it supposed to be stored on flash memory.
    cheers for the help scouser, id be one frustrated starviewer at the min witout your input!!!

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I have sent you a pm check your private messages at the top of the screen as I have to leave for a while.