1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview PVR Recording Problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sprx, Feb 5, 2008.

1. sprx

sprx Member

More than half of the programmes I record on my PVR won't play back.

For example, I recorded the Superbowl on Sunday... when I press play in PVR it says Waiting to Play, that dissapears and I'm left with a screenfreeze of whatever I was watching before pressing HDD.

This is really annoying, I got this to replace Sky+ but if I can't record then what's the point!!

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Assuming you have good incoming signal strength from your supplier and no splitters, no long runs or joins to start with, the problem will be is that when you have two tuners connected (second with loop cable)the second tuner has a lower signal strength than the first tuner which has the main input cable connected. You can do a test for this by disconnecting your loop cable and doing some test recordings from tuner one only. If this cures your problem you could do a further test by using a splitter to feed a cable into the loop socket(second tuner) Then do some test recordings. I presume you are using a decent 7200 rpm IDE drive, if not get one and try before doing the above tests. A final tip (This really works) is to switch the recorder off then on again prior to setting any pre-recorded EPG timer recordings. Also delete any watched, not wanted anymore recordings to keep plenty of free space.
    Samsung Spinpoint drives have a good reputation in PVR's
    jbvid

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  3. sprx

sprx Member

A few good ideas to try, many thanks.

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    They are not 'ideas to try', they are proven CURES.
    jbvid

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  5. sprx

sprx Member

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I am taking your advice seriously and trying out your suggestions to cure my problem.

Thanks again for your help.

6. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Sorry too, just got the wrong impression from your reply thats all. Let me know how you get on.
    jbvid