1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview PVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jbvideo, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Just about to purchase a Starview PVR. I have noticed there are 2 models around,the Starview PVR and The Box PVR. I presume 'the box' version is the newer of the two? Just a couple of questions, is the firmware compattable between the two, and is The Box PVR any better than the Starview PVR on stability and what it can do?
    jbvid

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

They are both the same thing just a name mix up you have thats all.

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

@sc0user
    Thanks for reply, I am still a little confused about firmware for the PVR as I have found 2, StarviewPVR_v1137 29th March 2007 and
    BoxPVR _E_v4500_6th July 2007. Also the front Emblem/Logos on the front of the two are different, one has Starview PVR and the other has The Box PVR.
    jbvid

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

They rebranded the Starview name a while back to "The Box". The earlier version was called Starview hence the earlier firmware you have seen the latest firmware you have seen 4.50 is the latest one for what we will call the Starview/Box PVR.

Thats me gotta go if you need more info please feel free to post it and one of the other good guys/gals will help you out.