1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview question

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Tomkays, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

Hi,

I got my starview, but when i was sorting channels out i was deleteing all the crap off it and because i had 2 of each of the main tv channels, bbc1 itv etc... i deleted them so i only had 1 of each and now i have realised that the channels i deleted were in my area (northwest) i now have a london itv and so on.

Is there anyway i can get them back? i was thinking about an autoscan but wouldnt that put all the channels were they was when i first put it in as i have changed all the channels round, would i lose all that???

Thanks

2. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

BUMP!!

Does anyone know????

3. oboogie

oboogie Member

hi just rescan again and get all the channels back this will not change the order you have at the moment

4. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

Have you done it before lol it took me nearly 4 hours to sort it all...lol

5. oboogie

oboogie Member

hi yes when p--m pl-s did not work

6. oboogie

oboogie Member

all the ones you deleted before will be the last programs on the list i did this got down to 120 channels then rescaned again and the ones i had deleted started from 121 so i still kept my program order

7. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

Ok thanks for that. I will autoscan in a min.

Another question is about the RED button on the control, i cant press red on anything. Is there anything i can do to get the red button back?? patch maybe??

8. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

BUMP!!!

I done the autoscan, it worked the way you said which was perfect!!!

Anyone know about that red button??? what i said about in my last post?

9. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

the RED button will not work, as the starview boxes do not have talkback so they cannot interact with virgin media. The red button purpose is for the menu features such as channel sort etc

10. janie75

janie75 Member

Hi can anyone please help me out I have just had a Starview box delivered today - spent hours setting up - got all channels but unable to get to the secret menu to enable EMU - tried 1570 - parental control 2004 - for the record system info (APIver 2.58e) Nov 2006 - has anyone any information to help me - Thanks in anticipation, I am completely new to this and would appreciate help, I have recieved no software of any sort from supplier so am starting from scratch email janie75janie@hotmail.co.uk obliged for anyassistance please - have got RS232 lead but remember I am completely new and would need full guidance - again please help

11. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

anybody want help mail me your email add and i will send you everything you require all i ask is you have a null modem cable in order to download new software etc

12. janie75

janie75 Member

Thanks tommycomm have done just that and will wait for the information thanks again janie

13. reedling

reedling Member

I'm new to this starview box thing so I would be greatful if you could give me some advice. If I purchase a starview box do I just connect it to my excisting standard sky dish? also if I have a box does this mean I can cancel sky and recieve all the channels for free? I would be very greatful for any advice as I am not that computer literate and will struggle if I have to install loads of files onto it all the time, I'm looking to just plug and play for free

Cheers

14. Tomkays

Tomkays Guest

Starview dont work with sky....only cable

15. reedling

reedling Member

what boxes work with sky is it the dbox

16. pedmcg

pedmcg Member

I'm having the same problem with my starview 2.58e and think I need to download updates (I think, pretty much a novice at this). If any one can help that would be great.

17. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Best Software from Starview itself is 259eE which is working 100% in uk. Get that and you wont have any problem.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  18. jjconn

jjconn Member

Can u help trying to unscramble channels but deleted channel edit and perental control please help

19. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

how did you delete them