1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview twin pvr tuner boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hotmill, Nov 15, 2007.

1. hotmill

hotmill Member

Has anyone got one of these. Where did they get it and how much. Does it require flashing or will it sort itself out. No ideas about this but it sounds too good

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    I have one, very pleased, not sure if I can give direct link but google wizard satellite, or there are a few on the popular auction site (look for paypal sellers)You will find prices on both. Don't forget to allow for a H/Drive. Won't require flashing if latest S/W comes on it and it autoupdates. To flash S/W (null modem cable)or USB from PC.
    jbvid

3. hotmill

hotmill Member

Thanks for that great. But, what does s/w mean. Would all the cables come with the box if & when downloads are required. Do I ask if it auto updates,Where do I get the latest software from. Not sure very new to this game

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    s/w = software = the information loaded into the box to make it work. You will get a USB lead with your box (to update s/w with) but you can also use a Null Modem Cable to update with (google Maplin for this if you want one).You will also need a Hard Drive if you want to be able to record (standard PC Type). Yes it autoupdates, Latest software available on this link and some very helpfull and 'need to read' help me files.
    http://eko.4shared.com/

5. hotmill

hotmill Member

Hi, Many thanks again for the info. Being a builder i'm very thick and SLOW. Have several more simple questions Downloaded from link & 4 files appeared one being how to upg***e. Does RCU mean remote. When i copy over do i just copy firmware or separate files. Do i need to get a cable from maplins. How easy is it to put hard drive into these machines. Again sorry for being so basic.

6. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi RCU = Remote Control Unit. When you get your new box pvr check what software you have on it first(use your menu system to find this). If it needs updating the only file you need to download is inside the StarView PVR folder called (BoxPVR_E_450_6thJuly) (details inside how to install onto your box, !!!!READ THESE!!!.)
    You don't have to use a null modem cable but it is easier to use than usb cable. You will need Winzip on you Pc to uncompress the file, Google to download that and how to use it if you don't have it. Fitting a Hard Drive is very similar to fitting one in a PC. I am writing a 'how too' fit a Hard drive and by the time you buy your box it will be in the Documentation folder on the same link.
    jbvid