1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview website

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by LEEKOP, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You're taking the piss aren't you?

2. crashd

crashd Regular member

The same request as everyone else.I'd like the new socftware if anyone would kindly e-mail it to me.

3. glasgae

glasgae Member

NICK,
    I got but rying to put kids to bed s not getting a good straight run at this. It is been rather bitty. I appreciate the PM and got the file. It is a BIN extn and I have no application that open this type of file. I know it a totally newbie question but how do I access file. My mate set up box with software and I am assuming I get a new code from this file (which based on my current rack record means that it is not a code !!) and I hope I could enter the code in set up menu code as he has the cable to link to PC. Anyway I do appreciate the assist so far

4. glasgae

glasgae Member

Just caught your comment Fekker you made me laugh and coffee came down my nose. I think the issue on thread you are mentioning is that it a pay to link address on rapidshare and like me ppl probably get spooked. Or maybe even more like me want something for nothing !!! and for that total respect to NICK51and guys like yourself for taking time to walk thro' this stuff - even if we do p*ss you off now and then.

5. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

For everyone wanting the new Starview update, it is a called
    STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api.bin You have to use GT Loader to download it to your Starview box using a NULL MODEM CABLE. If you don't have one then get one tomorrow http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&doy=26m1.

Everyone keeps asking where to get it. Look at the other threads posted here and you will find it, it is even in THIS THREAD under one of my posts with a link to a rapidshare download, it has the file, the loader and instructions. Unless you want me to come round and do it for you I suggest you read it and follow the simple instructions. I appreciate you are maybe stressed out over spending money at Christmas for this new toy and the wife is saying "I told you so". Prove her wrong and show how technically savvy you are and fix it!!

6. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

fekker

can you send me the gt loader and instruction ( I have the bin file) see my post - I will email the files to people who want to, thus not eating up bandwidth on the rapidshare website...

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

email is dboxhelp@yahoo.co.uk

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The rapidshare website doesn't have a bandwidth limit. If you want to download it and email it out then good luck.

9. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

i am having problems downloading

I click the free icon enter the code and then it says problrm with file

10. kduffy101

kduffy101 Member

hi im a new user,can you help me with channels not working on my starview?,many thanks kduffy101

11. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

do you have a cable to update your box your self

12. glasgae

glasgae Member

All Starview boxes went down at about 10:00 today. To get the box up and running again the best ways seems to be updatng the starview box by linking it to your PC (using a null modem cable £10.00 if not supplied with box)
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&doy=26m1
    Once linked a piece of software called GT Loader is used to open a file called STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api.bin.
    The file can be got from Fekker's link in starview threads that are running above and below this thread.
    My prob is getting the GT Loader software which hopefully for anyone else came with box 'cos I have googled to get copy and can't find one. My mate is brining his disc copy for me tomorrow

I think there is a way to change the codes usig the remote in the "Secret Menu" Nagravision sub menu. Press Menu then 1570 to acces it from main screen. The manual change using the remote I am piecing together from various threads and wld only be brave enough to try it on my own box NEVER to recommend anyone elae try it (I AM STILL A NEWBIE!!!) Fekker has a link to key files in a thread running at top of list also.

13. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

can i not email or send gtrom thre messenger to you

14. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The GT Loader software is included in the link.

Go enjoy your channels.

15. kduffy101

kduffy101 Member

hi,i hope this reply is for me,you can email me any help for starview,thanks very much....kduffy101@yahoo.co.uk

16. beaneth

beaneth Member

Hi, new to this forum. I have the GT loader software and the new bin file. When i try to download it to my starview box with "app file only" selected on GT loader, it says I have the wrong STB code???anyone help me with what should be put in here?
    Thanks alot.

17. kduffy101

kduffy101 Member

GCR3510

18. kduffy101

kduffy101 Member

HI,THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP,IVE NOW DONE 5BOXES..YEHA
    ANY NEW PERSON,DONT PANIC,FOLLOW THE LINKS IN ABOVE MESSAGES,AND READ THEM+FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS,IT WORKED FOR ME!!!
    MANY THANKS AGAIN

19. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I see that you are so happy you are shouting!!

Well done!

20. Nick51

Nick51 Member

could you pm me the site please in case of future updates.

Thanks dood it looks like you do a good job around here.