1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by cabletie, Feb 18, 2007.

1. cabletie

cabletie Member

if you connect a starview box to your in-coming cable and remove your existing cable box wont the cable company know because they wont be getting a feedback signal from your original box or do you have to run both boxes at the same time

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

I have heard of this before, if you do connect your original box up time to time so that it pings back to the CC then they shouldnt have a problem perhaps couple of times a week for ten mins

3. sav78

sav78 Member

hmm, good idea, i might try that too. i was also unsure whether to run both boxes or not.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You can run a cable from the output of the Starview to feed the other box and run the 2 of them if you wish, just change channels on it every once in a while.

5. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Or you could always give another room in your house a connection and use your original box in that.

6. sav78

sav78 Member

what do you think would happen if i left the original box unconnected?
    one more stupid question :) would it be possible to have one channel showing on the original cable box, but watch another channel on the starview at the same time?

7. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

8. sav78

sav78 Member

thanx fekker, you da man:) kinda new to this subject but im gettin there thanx to ppl like you.